CLOSED: Almaca Restaurante Vegetariano

Contact 219242569

Travessa do alto da Bonita 5B (at Estr do Chao dos Meninos), Sintra, Portugal, 2710-188

Serves healthy, vegetarian dishes made with organic ingredients. Some dishes are vegan. MAY 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Macrobiotic, Organic, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Portuguese

First Review by pazsi

What a find! - Edit

I've eaten in so many vegetarian restaurants, that it really does that a lot to wow me. This place did just that.
We arrived almost at closing time. The folks behind the counter assured us that all was well, explained the offering for the day, offered to have us sample even, then took our order and we were seated.
First, there was a surprise : garlic bread. Bursting with loads of fresh garlic on toasted whole meal bread, it was really good.
Then came the entrees. There was SO much food, we could have shared.
The partner had the mini potato pies, and there was a side of grain, salad and cooked vegetable. I had a bit, it was wonderful.
I had the tofu on a bed of cooked red cabbage and a side of roasted potatoes.
No kidding, this was the best tofu ever. There were capers and the taste was out of this world good.
We chatted some with the person who turned out to be the owner, and she was so happy we found her restaurant on Happycow!
The restaurant itself is very cute, open, and well appointed.
This meal and experience have to be the best ever, or at least top three, vegetarian dinning I've ever had.
As if there was not enough reason to go visit Sintra, now there is one more.
When in Portugal, do not miss eating here!

Pros: Food, Service, Food

A pleasant surprise - Edit

Excellent macrobiotic food in pleasant surrounding with smiling staff. Very clean and bright!

Pros: excellent food, helpful staff, perfect portions

Cons: using sugar for pastry, hard to find parking

Return to Sintra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Almaca Restaurante Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 293 times since Oct 2009.