First Review by Salopian

Staff tell you false information. - Edit

I went there one day at about 4:30 p.m., for what I thought was the last half hour, although it became apparent that they were not going to close any time soon. I had houmous for 15,000 followed by a hamburger for 25,000. The guy from the restaurant didn't ask me if I wanted a drink or offer any tapwater. The houmous was O.K. -- just about plausibly houmous, which is better than the only other time I have ordered it in South America. The hamburger was fine. On the walls there was lots of text about healthy eating and a very little about environmentalism but nothing about the actual point of veganism, its being immoral to exploit animals. As it was now obvious that the times on line were wrong, I asked the young woman on Reception to write down the whole timetable. She put: Saturday 7:00 to 12:00 p.m., but I checked and she meant a.m., Monday to Thursday 7:00 to 7:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. I therefore went back on the following Monday just after 6:00 p.m. It turned out that the information she had given me was completely false and they had closed at 6:00. I really have no idea how someone working there can not only not know the opening times but also just make them up when asked instead of asking someone competent. I had walked about thirty blocks in the humid and blazing heat to get there, so it was extremely annoying. The guy made it worse by halfway through the conversation randomly changing into English to ask me what her hair colour had been, as though I would have any idea. He had understood everything I had said and I had understood everything he had said, so it was very hurtful to do that. I am extremely shy and it crushes my confidence when someone switches into English, especially for no reason. I would not recommend going to this restaurant for a considerable time, as all of the staff clearly need to learn customer service.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Incompetent staff, Not inexpensive, Not very tasty

Return to Asuncion Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alma Zen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.