Allyn's Cafe

513-871-5779

3538 Columbia Pkwy, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a few labeled vegan items: chili con queso and chips, chili dogs and chili with beans. Other vegan items available but not labeled, so ask.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Delivery, Take-out, Cajun, Creole, Non-veg

First Review by VeggieAmySue

SO GOOD!! Best vegan food I've had in the area - Edit

My husband's from Cincinnati, so we come to visit often, and I also thought I had perfected a vegan version of Cincinnati chili. I was wrong. Allyn's version is way better!!

There are absolutely tons of vegan options on the menu. I ended up trying both the Cincinnati coney (vegan hot dog with Cincinnati chili) which was messy and completely delicious, as well as the vegan jambalaya, which was OUTSTANDING. That jambalaya was flavorful and "meaty" with different types of veg meats and warm and satisfying.

I didn't end up having room for dessert, but I appreciated that they had vegan dessert options to boot!

Apparently the owner of the restaurant went vegan personally a few years ago, which is why everything is so vegan-friendly.

Also appreciated that it was relatively large with lots of drink options. It would be a great place to come with a group.

I would absolutely come back here the next time (and every time) I'm back in Cincinnati!

Pros: Variety of vegan options, Tastiness, Quirky decor

If you like super spicy food, this is your place! - Edit

My boyfriend ordered the veggie burger & fries and did not like the burger and the fries were bland. I ordered the vegan queso for appetizer and liked it alot. The veggie chili salad with vegan ranch chipotle was too spicy for me to finish. I then ordered vegan cheesecake to cool my mouth and it tasted like cardboard. I would opt for green dog cafe across the street over allyns for veg options.

Pros: chili con queso with daiya

Cons: spice level

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Allyn's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.