Alive and Well Deli and Juice Bar

• Veg-friendly
Contact 808-877-4950

340 Hana Highway (at Dairy Rd, Central Maui), Kahului, Hawaii, USA, 96732

Serves meat, vegan options available. Deli and juice bar cafe located inside the Alive & Well health food store. Small, casual seating area. Offers fresh fruit and veggies juices, smoothies, wraps, salads, hot plate lunches, sushi, and desserts.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

Top quality - Edit

We spent a week in Maui, and after finding Alive and Well we wished we had checked it out sooner. There were not a ton of choices, but those that were available were the best quality we tasted during our stay. The cafe was perfect for take-out, we often grabbed pre-made spring or summer rolls from the cooler, along with raw dips and onion rings (which were phenomenal), and we also ordered from the deli counter. The service was fast and friendly. We especially enjoyed the vegan potato salad, raw kale Caesar salad, and nori wraps. We also enjoyed the raw pies.

Pros: Fast service, great take-out option, Great quality choices, Raw and cooked options

Cons: Serves meat

Good place for eating healthy and vegetarian - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and have eaten here a few times. Was just here again in December 2012, and here's my Alive and Well review update.

From the outside one cannot really tell what's stored inside. Once you enter, you can see the deli and food bar to one side of the interior and the health food retail space to another side.

On the deli and food bar side are a couple small tables along with a couple tall stools for eating-in.

The deli area features a cold prepared foods (salads, quinoa, non-veg), a hot food case (veg and non-veg), a refrigerator filled with premade sandwiches, sushi (fish), and other grab-n-go foods, plus a cold case with some desserts. There is also a soup bar with usually at least one being veg/vegan suitable.

One can also order a fresh juice or get a smoothie.

The prices are inexpensive, and the veg/vegan selection is all right. Overall a good place for lunch and snack as well as some shopping.

Pros: casual, tasty, inexpensive

Cons: plenty of meat, too

Alive and Well Deli and Juice Bar - Edit

This is a cute little deli located within the Alive and Well Store. I ordered the vegan potato salad and three truffles made in-store. The potato salad was good, it's made with veganaise. The truffles are made in-house and were OK. There's something about them that I can't quite put my finger on that slightly detracts me. The truffle I liked best was in the form of a heart, but the others were good for one bite.

great deli and juice bar - Edit

We grabbed some fantastic nori wraps from here on our way out of town. They have a great juice menu, too. Lots of fun vegan items and baked goods and chocolates. Not to be missed!

Pros: nori wrap, juices

Return to Kahului Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alive and Well Deli and Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1078 times since Apr 2010.