CLOSED: alGrandeCerchio

Contact +39-0248004737

via M. Buonarroti, 8, Milan, Italy, 20145

alGrandeCerchio Ristorante di Cucina Naturale di Maria Marangelli switched to being all-vegan from veggie in Nov 2013. It's housed on 2 floors in central Milan. Sept 2014 multiple sources reported shut.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Take-out

First Review by gr8vegan

Not coming back - Edit

This place disappointed me a bit. They say it's the first vegan pizzeria in Italy (and probably the only one) but the pizzas were really different from what I thought they would be. Very thin and almost no vegan mozzarella. we took 1 starter to share, 2 pizzas and a drink and we paid almost 50euros. very expensive.

One of my favourite restaurants in Milano - Edit

I always try to go back to Il Grande Cerchio when I get the chance.
Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, a wide selection of good food, every time I find something interesting to do and eat.
I love their aperitivos, and their loveful style.
A lot of food, but I especially like their vegan kebap!

Pros: Atmosphere, Staff, Food

Cons: Too much choice, Outside seating on the street

Great! - Edit

I've been here a couple of times as its conveniently located just down the road from my house! The staff are really friendly, super welcoming. The selection of food is pretty good. At lunch time they have a couple of set menus you can choose from that change every so often - (with this you get a couple of different dishes to taste plus a little dessert and bread for €10) Or you can choose from other whole portions of singular dishes. Free fresh juice last time I went and I enjoyed the food alot. It's HEALTHY tasting which I really felt like. Love it!

Pros: Staff, Atmosphere, Vegan prosciutto!

correction - Edit

Al Grande Cerchio,
I have just eaten there, great!!! Maybe the best vegan kichten in the city of Milan. 100% vegan, you can eat even pizza with prosciutto and mozzarella VEGAN!!! you'd love too.

Healthy food with qulity ingredients - Edit

I ate here August 8th & 9th, 2011 mainly because it was the ONLY Milanese vegan/vegetarian restaurant open in August - no joke.

Overall I found the food to be great. Some dishes were a little healthy tasting, which some may find lacking but I liked. Their "meat" is made from lentils & wheat rather than soy which I also appreciated.

The menu is about %75 vegan and anything that's not vegan can be made vegan - they are very flexible in accommodating your choice. The also use majority organic ingredients.

Large space, including an outdoor patio (next to a fairly busy street). Nice atmosphere and lovely staff. Easy to find and ironically located two doors down from a McDonald's.

Pros: Quaility ingredients, Open in August!, Lots of choice

Midday menu - nothing extraordinary - Edit

I visited Il Grande Cerchio following the excellent reviews here and was quite disappointed by what I found. The midday menu was pretty simple and consisted of only a dozen items. I picked the set menu with red onion risotto (far too salty), seitan in lemon sauce (tasteless, very thin stripes of something I wouldn't have identified as seitan) and a chocolate dessert (ok). I like the concept of Il Grande Cerchio and enjoyed seeing that a veg restaurant seems to be quite popular with people working in the area, but in my opinion this restaurant is very far from deserving the title of best restaurant in Milan. Maybe the chef was not at his or her best...

Nice choice but a bit overpriced - Edit

This restaurant has plenty of choices and the food is quite good, although a bit too salty and prices are quite expansive.

Pros: Good choice

Cons: Too salty, Expansive

Yes but the service is too slow - Edit

It is NOT the best vegetarian restaurant in the world ! The food is good. The waitresses are kind but they don't have time for serving all the tables so...be prepared to wait loooooonger...The menu now exists also in english ! Lot of choices which is interesting when you are fed up with italian pastas ! Damper : the food is not bio and not always healthy (for example : tempura = grilled mixed vegetables in oil). Lot of dishes are vegan. Need reservation !!

Pros: Somes vegan dishes, Menu in english, Variety

Cons: Service too long !!!!

Great food, maybe the best veg restaurant in Milan - Edit

This is a very good vegetarian restaurant. Food is great. Environment is very comfortable. The boss and the waiter are very welcome. Location is closed to sub-way station which is very convenient. Only thing need to be mentioned is the menu is written in Italian, maybe because many food are from original or home made. Still strongly recommended.

Pros: Food, Environment, Location

Great food, shame the service - Edit

The food is great and well presented. No issue there.
The service though is slow and distracted and the more the restaurant is crowed and the more the lack of the service comes out. Be prepared to have to ask for the bread, for the cutlery, long waiting time for the food to arrive and if you're finally ready to leave and just want a coffe grabbing a waiters may take vey looooooooooooong because they simply do not look at you!
If the restaurants want to really succeed they shall become more professional. Smiling is good but is not alway enough.

Pros: food

Cons: slow service, unprofessional service

Really Great Restaurant - Edit

INcredible food , the Muscolo De grano is so tasty .
Had a great " cutelet " breaded cutlet just great.
Also wonderfull owner and extremely friendly.
Wish them all the best and keep the spreading the word about veganism/vegetarianism.

Pros: Tasty , Friendly, interesting

The BEST VEGAN FOOD in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!!! - Edit

Review: I never thought I'd come across a restaurant/chef that so clearly stood out as the best on the planet. Muscolo di Grano stands for the signature protein. It is a combination of wheat and lentil. It has an amazing flavor and texture, selecting a dish containing it is paramount to your dining experience. Vegan dishes are clearly marked with a sprout & muscolo di grano dishes with a *. I ordered the vegan pizza with muscolo di grano & the fresh made pasta with it as well. They were both the most amazing dishes I've had in my entire life. We also split a chocolate pair torte / lemon liquor. The service is so friendly and helpful. There are so many choices on the menu you will be lost! Kristin had the polenta, which I stole many amazing bites! I really can not come up with words to adequately describe the meal or the experience, it was truly the best in the world. If you are in Milan you can not miss Ristorante Muscolo. If you are a vegan searching for perfection come to Milan, eat at Ristorante Muscolo di Grano you will find the best cuisine on the planet! Prices are reasonable, wine is organic and extraordinary! The staff is beyond compare! Also, it is very convenient because it is directly outside the Wagner Metro stop! The highlight of our trip to Italy!!!!!!

Pros: muscolo di grano, friendly staff, fresh pasta!

Return to Milan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: alGrandeCerchio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4988 times since Jan 2009.