First Review by Elizabeth

Oven Baked Joy - Edit

The expanded dining room offers a peak into the open mouth of the flat bread oven. The menu clearly marks vegan and vegetarian items with lots to choose from for both. I strongly recommend the Zaatar Extra Flat Bread topped with wild thyme, sesame seeds, sumac, tomatoes, olives and fresh mint. It's a filling meal for the ridiculously low price of $5.50.

Pros: Clearly marked veg items

Very Authentic and Very Good - Edit

Having been to several countries in the Middle East (including Lebanon), I will say that this is probably the restaurant in San Diego that serves food that's the most like what you'd get in the heart of the Middle East (the Levant). It's really good food, and quite reasonably priced. Also, everything is well-labeled on the menu based on whether vegan or vegetarian status. Definite recommend!

Pros: excellent food, very authentic, reasonable prices

Cons: a bit small (not a big con)

Great place! - Edit

We actually found this place because of Google offers. This is a cute place, it's a small place with about 5 tables. We had the Zaatar extra, which has olives, tomatoes, and fresh mint. This was pretty tasty. It was just a tad sweet, I'm not sure if it was the spices.We then had the vegetarian which had onions, spices, olives, and oil. This was our favorite. So flavorful. We split both of those, so you each have 4 pieces. We each had the wrap with hummus. This wrap has hummus, falafel, lettuce, fava and garbanzo beans, tomato, tahini, parsley, and pickles wrapped in a pita wrap. This was so flavorful and so good! After each bite we both would mention how tasty this wrap was.

Pros: excellent food, great value, nice portions

Cons: Small place

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alforon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1959 times since Jan 2012.