Alexander's Greek Cuisine

Contact 541-672-6442

643 SE Jackson St, Roseburg, Oregon, USA, 97470

Serves meat, vegan options available. Will accommodate vegans upon request. Grape leaves, veggie gyros (no fake meat), and salads; try the falafel sandwich. Previously located in a different location on Jackson St.

Category: International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Griley

thumbs down - Edit

Driving through Roseburg and decided we were starving. We saw this place and were so excited about the Greek food. The place was about half full when we arrived and shortly after we ordered it filled up. We got our food last behind everyone who walked in after us. We waited 45 minutes for our food and as I watched all the locals get their food in 15 min or less I got more and more irritated. I watched the chef use the microwave and was grateful I had only ordered gyros. When our food arrived the fries I ordered were cold and very old I flagged down our waitress to ask for more fries. She informed me it would take 20 minutes for me to get fresh fries and she would just take them off the ticket. I expressed my disappointment in waiting so long for cold fries. She told me, "You were outside when your food arrived smoking so how would you know if they were cold when they got here" Actually my partner was outside checking on our dog, I was the one who ordered fries and they were cold. I was so taken aback from her attitude and I said a bad word so she kicked me out of the restaurant. The traditional gyros was crunchy, burnt, and disappointing, they forgot the feta on my partners chicken gyros. I will not be returning here.

Pros: chicken gyros was tasty

Cons: far from interstate, a very rude waitress, fries take 20 minutes

Great Greek - Edit

Alexander's is a very good find in Roseburg. Our server was very helpful and accommodating of our vegan preferences. The decor was ethnic. The food was quite tasty.

Pros: friendly waitress, tasty food

Cons: limited vegan options

Return to Roseburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alexander's Greek Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1270 times since Aug 2007.