Alchemy

Contact 614-305-7551

625 Parsons Ave, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43215

Serves meat, vegan options available. Juice bar and health food cafe with lots of salads, sandwiches, bowls, smoothies. Open Mon-Fri 6:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Salad bar, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Kyle11

I like the concept, just not the food - Edit

I'm a vegetarian and my wife is passionate about organic food, so this was perfect. The atmosphere was good, parking convenient and the service was great. The only problem--the food was really bland. Every dish we tried was so. (We had the veggie sandwich and a "bowl" (which turns out to be like a smoothie in a bowl with some fixins).) We probably will not be back.

My new favorite spot in town - Edit

EDIT: Happy Cow apparently doesn't allow 5 star reviews of non veg cafes, which is kinda BS IMO. I'd give 5 stars if I could. Alcehemy is 95% veg.

I just happened to stumble across Alchemy online the other day. I'd never heard of it, or never noticed it I should probably say. It grabbed my attention though, so I decided to check it out with the wife yesterday (I'm vegan and she's vegetarian and like 98% gluten free FYI).

The inside of the cafe looks good, and personally I enjoyed the chill music being played. We went on Sunday afternoon and barely anyone was there, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The staff was very friendly and patiently answered all our questions, since it was our first time there we had a few.

We ended up ordering quite a bit haha. Too start, my wife got the tomato bisque soup, and she absolutely loved it, and I thought it was quite creamy and tasty as well. I grabbed some curried chickpea salad, and oh... my... god... it was phenomenal. It reminded me of real potato salad, but chickpeas instead. Alexis, the co-founder of Alchemy, was there and after telling her how much I loved the chickpeas, she gave me her card for her website Hummusapien, which includes her recipe for the curried chickpea salad. I thought that was very kind of her.

We each also got smoothies. I ordered the snickerdoodle and my wife got the peanut butter. I think I preferred the peanut butter, but both were good. These were the best smoothies I've ever had at a healthy/vegan cafe/restaurant. Usually they are really thick and heavy, but Alchemy uses a good amount of almond milk to really lighten them up a bit, which I prefer.

For sandwiches, I got the bean burger (which didn't tasty very beany at all surprisingly). It came with a 'zesty' cashew mayo, and I think zesty is the right word. It wasn't too spicy or tangy, but had a good amount of... well, zest. My wife got the hummus and hemp pesto sandwich, which was creamy and crunchy, definitely what I want to order next time.

Finally, we got a couple of the peanut butter no-bake cookie ball thingies. I thought they were good, the wife didn't care for them as much though.

All in all, Alchemy is a spectacular find for us. We live in Grove City, so it's nice to have a place to go that isn't all the way on the north side of Columbus for a change. We will for sure be coming back.

I hope Alchemy is doing well financially, because as a vegan, it's great to see vegan/mostly vegan places like this exist :)

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Good Vibes

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alchemy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 911 times since Aug 2015.