First Review by Keith_Thode

Nice selection - Edit

Popped in here to take a look on the way to dinner. Store was a bit small, but they had a nice selection. I managed to find a few chocolates that I didn't see in any other grocery stores I visited in Portland. Score!

Pros: selection

Cons: small

Sweet Little Co-op - Edit

I visited Portland last weekend and was thrilled to stumble upon this adorable little co-op. It's alive with the vibration of the neighbourhood and unlike PCC (in Seattle), it's not a Whole Foods clone. Their was staff is friendly and helped me find a few obscure things I needed.

Even though it's small, with a little help, I found everything I was looking for and more. Their mercantile section offered some unique household items that I hadn't seen before such as glass drinking straws.

I highly recommend this co-op.

Pros: Friendly, Has character, Good organic selection

Cons: Small

Fantastic! - Edit

This is an amazing Co-op! I just loved it from the moment I walked in--I'm not from Portland, but I found this place to be a treasure for the travelling vegan. Lots of healthy and convenience "to-go" items in the deli case, great to pack for a day of biking or hiking. For those who live in the area, what a fantastic resource for fresh veg, bulk items and other sundries! Wonderful store--bypass the large brand-name health-food store, and support this Portland Co-op.

Pros: Vegan options, Fresh produce, Friendly staff

Cons: Has meat + dairy products, --, --

I Love This Place! - Edit

A few weeks after moving into the Alberta Arts District, I walked over to the Alberta Co-Op and bought a membership. They offer many different payment plans, and I picked the cheapest, and then I was off and running. I love the selection, although their bulk section is not as big as I was expecting. They do offer many gluten-free and vegan items, and I especially appreciate that they sell bulk tempeh and vegan cream cheese. The cashiers and staff are all really friendly and open to discussion. I shop here often.

Pros: local, open good hours, friendly staff

Cons: small bulk section, small space, so limited items

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Alberta Co-op Grocery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 903 times since Aug 2007.