Aladdin's Eatery

412-344-1111

630 Washington Rd, Mt Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA, 15228

Serves meat, vegan options available. Franchise chain Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food restaurant. Large menu with veg suitable items including hummus, baba, tabouli, falafel, vegetable soup, chili, lentil soup, salads, wraps, mujadara plate, and pita pizzas.

Categories: Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by verdandi

Ordered takeout; good experience - Edit

The falafel and hummus were very good. The menu clearly marks items that are vegetarian and/or vegan. Should tell the person you're vegan though or you might get yogurt sauce on your food.

The person who took my order was extremely accommodating and personally packed my order to make sure they didn't include the standard yogurt sauces on the side. I thought this was really cool.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-28

Pros: Clearly marked menu, Helpful staff -- didn't feel awkward

Cons: None in my experience

Lots of good veg and vegan options, average food - Edit

There are limited places in Pittsburgh with a menu that offers various options for vegan eaters. Aladdin's is nice for a casual night out where options are available without having to ask the waiter/chef for a special meal. I've been a few times and they've always been friendly. I would rate the food as average--I go there after a long day when I don't have any desire to cook, but I can't say I make a special occasion of it. The lentil soup was very watery, the mujdara had good flavors, and the jasmine rice was overcooked. Didn't taste very fresh either. If you're looking for a quick bite with varied options, it's a good place. But don't expect gourmet cuisine. I would love to see them scale back on the huge menu and work more on quality, not quantity.

Pros: Good vegan options., Friendly., Quick / Convenient.

Cons: Not very fresh., Average food.

Average Food but above-average v-friendliness - Edit

Hi! I've eaten here a few times since moving to Pittsburgh. I've had the falafel-hummous wrap, lentil soup, and vegggie chili. I tend to rate Lebanese/Mediterranean restaurants on their falafel. I think it's a good base-system.

With that said, this place is very average. I assumed it would be going into it, as there are multiple locations so they try to cater to as many folks as possible. When I moved here, I wanted nothing more than to find a place with falafel as good as where I last lived. Sadly, this is not the place. It's not bad, it's just nothing to write home about. It will fill you up and not make you feel blah.

But! There is one fantastic plus with this chain: the menu labeling! They label the items for you. And they list ingredients! Can't go wrong there.

So, as far as omni places in town go, this is a great option: consistent food you'd expect with a chain, fast service, modest prices, and service has always been good.

Pros: modest price, good food, quick service

Good place for dinner with non-veg friends/family - Edit

Awesome vegetarian/vegan options abound, while omnivores can take their pick of well-prepared entrees too.

Pros: Healthy, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

Return to Mt Lebanon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aladdin's Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.