Aladdin's

Contact 907-561-2373

4240 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, 99503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a section for vegetarian and vegan items; vegan options are marked. Open Thu-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by LunahMay

Mediterranean heaven - Edit

We've been regulars at Aladdin's for many years, and that won't be changing any time soon. Rabah and his family are wonderful people, making their customers feel truly welcome. The restaurant is small but comfortable and well-decorated, with a separate banquet room for special occasions.

The food is superb. Although we wish their menu was exclusively vegetarian, there are plenty of vegetarian options to choose from. We absolutely love their hummus and falafel (the best of each we've ever tasted by far), vegetarian lentil soup, and eggplant parmesan; other dishes we've tried on occasion have been excellent as well. And then there are the desserts, including decadent homemade ice creams and a vegan chocolate mousse that's indescribably good. Finish with a lightly sweet Arabic mint tea.

Their days and hours of operation are very limited, and they can quickly become quite busy, so calling ahead is a good idea. Highly, highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious food, Welcoming atmosphere

Cons: Very limited hours

No offense, but... - Edit

...the two reviews listed here do NOT do the place justice! I did some research, and Aladdin's has been serving vegan options since before it was chic to "do" vegan in Alaska...more or less, since they opened in the '90s.

Their vegan menu easily tops anything in the area for flavor, texture, and authenticity - before dining here, I'd never had anything like it. Ambiance is probably the BEST I've experienced in Anchorage - I love what they've done with their space; a real find. Their staff/family are extremely pleasant, friendly, and accommodating. Food portions were...well, I had to get a box. You'll get a meal or two out of what you pay for.

Oh, AND, just try getting anything like this at any of the other hot spots in Anchorage. Kinley's has actually managed to reduce their vegan menu to salad, and burritos, burgers, and the odd Buddha bowl dominate vegan options offered by the other places. Not saying it's not nice to have those options, but the ability to really impress your date, and be vegan in Anchorage? PRICELESS. It doesn't hurt that Aladdin's entrees are reasonably priced, in comparison to other high-end restaurants hell-bent on selling menus that revolve around fish, steak, and bacon.

Go, experience, and enjoy. If you are a kindred spirit with an adventurous palate, you will NOT be disappointed. This is a must-do for any vegans living or visiting in Anchorage.

Pros: Everything about the place

Great place to eat - Edit

My wife and I love this restaurant. We went there today and had a 3 course meal with our twins on our laps. This family run restaurant has great food friendly staff. The cook is amazing, speed and skill all in one. So many vegan options and most meals can be subed to vegan. The owner told us we can have it any way we want. He dident want to give us something we don't want. So simple but it made all the difference. We recommend this one to any who see this. We will be returning soon. Oh and by the way our whole bill was under 50 bucks! That's apps main dish dessert and coffee for two.

Pros: Vegan natives, Fine dining , Great food low price

Cons: Can't think of any

Aladdin's Family Owned - Edit

I no longer live in Anchorage, but this was one of my son's and my favorite restaurants to go to. Clean and pleasant family atmosphere. They serve meat and have a clear understanding of not cross contaminating. Plenty of choices on the menu. They will do private Banquets on request. They are open for Dinner Wed - Sat, 5-10:00PM

Pros: Family Run, Authentic Food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Short Open Hours

Return to Anchorage Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aladdin's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1910 times.