Al Tarboush Deli

602 Westgate Ave (at Delmar), St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63130-4729

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family owned and operated for 15 years. Traditional Lebanese - Middle Eastern Deli. Walk in, order at counter, take a seat (limited). Has vegan options.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Deli, Non-veg

First Review by jhawk

Great owners - Edit

Falafel sandwhich is a great choice here. My first falafel sandwhich, we used to sneak out of school to get one for lunch. The garlic tahini sauce is delicious. the owner and his family who work there are some of the nicest people I've ever encountered in restaurant.

Pros: very reasonable, great food and some grocery items

Agreed--best Falafel I've ever had! - Edit

Don't let the simple store front location fool you--you will not find Falafel this good any where close to Al Tarboush Deli! So light and fluffy, I've never had anything like it. Delicious! Also try the non-meat pies, really different and tasty.

Pros: Friendly family , Delicious food, Other great veg. options

Cons: Had to wait quite a while for food

Best Falafel Ever - Edit

Al Tarboush is a staple at my home. Their falafel is honestly my favorite that I have had anywhere. The family that owns the restaurant is very friendly,the prices are very reasonable, it's located in a fun part of town, and the vegan selection is good. It's not a fancy place, but do have some tables for indoor seating, as well as a few tables outside when the weather is nice. We typically get the falafel, tabbouleh, and baba ghanoush, but I know they also sell hummus, fattoush, and I believe they often have a lentil and rice take-away option. They also have a shelf of grocery items, my husband and I purchase items such as tahini and halvah from Al Tarboush.
I strongly suggest eating at Al Tarboush if you are looking for an inexpensive Mediterranean meal in St. Louis.

Pros: Great Falafel, Friendly Service, Located in the Loop

Delicious Falafel - Edit

A vegan friend recommended this spot for the falafel pita wrap. I was getting tired of the usual vegan friendly Thai or Blueberry Hill meals in the University City Loop so I dropped in before seeing the Queens Of The Stone Age show at the Pageant last year. The deli space is small. Walk in, order at the counter and grab a seat if there is one. The two ladies behind the counter were very friendly and part of the family that owns the place. The falafel was fresh and tasty. Split the delicious garlic hummus/pita plate with a friend and we were both happy and did not spend more than 20 bucks between us. Want to try baba ganoush next trip.

Pros: Traditional , Friendly, Quick service from order to table

Cons: Small space, Limited Seating

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Al Tarboush Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1243 times since Feb 2012.