Al Chile

+43-19457698

Gumpendorferstrasse 71, Vienna, Austria, 1060

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican restaurant. Offers 'Vegan Monday' discount off the vegan main dishes. Beverages include fresh fruit and veggie juices, a rice milkshake, an organic xocolatl traditionally prepared with water. Has a children's corner and book exchange. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by AndreaTorres

So HORRIBLE - Edit

After ordering 2 plates of Tacos and a drink, they arrived undercooked. I asked for a sauce as the dish was dry. my wife couldn't eat the dish but I eat it as we got in very hungry. We were sure the waitress /owner will offer other dish or at least ask what's wrong with the food. she picked up the plates, said to my wife "so you don't like it", laughed and brought us the bill. She charged us for the 2 dishes, for the drink and even for the sauce. when we asked why she didn't even blinked "you pay for what you ordered, not our problem you didn't eat it". we asked why she treat us this way, not even asking what's wrong with the dish or offering something else instead, she just laughed and say that's just the way it is. Hard to believe this kind of treatment as we eat out a lot, we never encountered in such poor manner.

Pros: The coconut juice was delicious

Cons: poor food poor service

al-chile 22 Jun 2017 - Dear Yoni, may I recount my side of the story: I politely asked your wife if she did not like it and say 'I am very sorry you did not like it'. I am used that people say if something specific was wrong with the food according to them: people here are very straight forward with this. I had no reason to believe something was wrong with the food as such as you did indeed eat all your plate and told me in response to my saying sorry to your wife 'I am sorry, I am full, otherwise I would still eat it'. Had you given me the impression something was actually wrong with the food, like you now say it was undercooked, then naturally I would have offered a replacement. Indeed, if clients do not like the taste - of course this also happens as we all have different tastes - this is not a reason not to pay for the food they order and (if partially) eat: and here in Austria (which is what I said) this is the standard and not contested by clients either. Apparently you interpreted my polite smile and from my perspective friendly manner throughout the conversation in a negative way. I am very sorry for this apparent inter-cultural misunderstanding which we can both use as an opportunity to learn about our respective cultures: I certainly will.

Pleasant place, good food - Edit

A great option for vegan/vegetarian food. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the Mexican food, quite delicious and authentic.

Pros: Many veg options available, Varied and tasty menu

Cute and good - Edit

Al Chile est un restaurant très mignon, très cosy. On a un peu l'impression de se rendre manger chez sa grand-mère.
Le service est impeccable; nous avons été très bien reçu. J'ai pu avoir une option vegane sans problème.
Les enchiladas étaient délicieuses et m'ont étrangement ramenée en enfance malgré que c'était la première fois que j'en mangeais (goût familier)

Pros: service rapide et prévenant , repas et bière délicieux et copieux, cadre simple et chaleureux

Cons: le guacamole mériterait d'être un petit peu pl, les options ne sont pas toujours très claires, il

Vegan Monday - Edit

Being a Mexican I miss the traditional food very often, and I was thrilled by the fact that a Mexican restaurant offers such vegan friendly thing as a Vegan day.. I struggle ALL the time with mexican vegan options but my husband and I had a really nice experience with the vegan alternatives, which really are traditional mexican dishes like the tamales, the churros, the cacao, enchiladas... I was really pleased to not to have nachos with guacamole only, like in all the other restaurants I visited before. I most say it´s a relief to finally find a place where I can have a truly mexican experience, children friendly, family environment and even mexican live radio...! I have to accept they truly make an effort and the staff is really friendly.

Pros: Tasty, typical mexican, nice vibe, Children and pet friendly, books, chess, Fresh, natural, organic juices

Cons: For smokers, bad idea, Not suitable for drinkers haha

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Al Chile closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.