Al Amir Bakery

714-535-0973

2281 W Ball Rd, Anaheim, California, USA, 92804

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lebanese pizza place with vege plates, zaater, labneh, spinach, and pies. Vegans can ask to omit cheese. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 8:00am-7:00pm. Holiday hours are 8am-4pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by Deepika

New taste for me! - Edit

I won't lie, I have very little experience with middle eastern cuisine. I realized that as Anaheim Ambassador there were many places in my city that I hadn't tried because of this unfamiliarity. Today I decided to go visit some of my local Happy Cow listings to see what I could try.

I stopped at Al Amir Bakery and after making sure their info was up to date, I asked for vegan recommendations that I could try. First, I was given a spinach pie/turnover. A mixture of spinach, onions and lemon baked in dough. The flavor was amazing. The lemon flavor really brings the spinach and onions together. The dough is the real star here. Most of their dishes use it. As they are known for their pizzas/flatbreads.

I also tried a zaatar flatbread which is basically flatbread spread with a blend of herbs including thyme, sesame seeds and sumac. The scent is amazing as is the flavor and the flatbread really brings it together.

Pros: Great flavors, Good seating

Cons: Few vegan options but lots of vegetarian

Aunthentic veg-friendly Arabic food - Edit

As a middle eastern vegetarian, I felt very comfortable going here because I fit in and there were many delicious vegetarian foods. This isn't one of those restaurants that has like two lame veg options but it also has enough non-veg options for your friends who eat meat. It's a pretty groovy place.

Updated from previous review on 2016-02-04

Pros: not too expensive, veg friendly, authentic Arabic food

Cons: occasional creepy guys

Lebanese Pizza place rocks - Edit

Recently discovered this place and decided to try it out last week. Wow. The food and the prices are awesome! So far I have tried out the Keshek, Zaater and Cheese, and Mini Spinach pies. All were great but if you ask me for my favorite, I'd go with the Keshek. It's just a bunch of spices and flavor exploding in your mouth. The cashier was warm, helpful (with her recommendations and suggestions) and oh so nice. And it was a quiet, casual place, perfect for lunch.

Bread baked fresh daily

Zaater $1.50: oregano, sesame seeds, olive oil. A little sour but with cheese ($2.25), it was just the right amount of salty and sour.

Large vegetable plate $3.50: bunch of green olives, pickles, mint leaves, sliced tomatoes and sliced cucumbers. Use the flatbread like a wrap.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 19, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff, Good value, Excellent food

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Al Amir Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.