Akva

+44-1312902500

129 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9QG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large Swedish bar offering brunch and a larger menu after 2:00 pm. Has a decent size menu with about half a dozen dishes clearly labeled vegan. Open Mon 11:00am-11:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri 11:00am-1:00am, Sat 10:00am-1:00am, Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Swedish, Non-veg

First Review by craigmc

great vege meatballs - Edit

Really nice vege meatballs with mash and peas (Swedish style)

okay - Edit

Inner with several friend and nippers. We had booked an area upstairs which was great and good for kids to roam about. The service was a little chaotic for a quiet afternoon although the staff were smiling and nice.
We ordered the warn cumin and carrot salad, veggie meatballs and the lentil burger.
My salad was fine but lacking in lentils and carrots, which for the price was disappointing as it was all leaf. The youngster love her meatballs and chips (no surprise) and my better half though her burger was pretty good.
The chaotic service was bring forks for about eight of us when there was about 15 people, and actually trying to get. Ore was difficult. Having to ask for ketchup for the kids a couple of times, then getting an empty bottle was pretty poor.
Overall I would have given a needs improvement for my salad but the ladies both enjoyed their food, so 3 cows was a good middle ground.
Nothing was terrible and I would give it another shot.
It's a good location, nice staff and it's good vegan options are clearly marked.

Pros: location, vegan labelled

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Akva closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.