First Review by veggieriga

A place where you'll wish to come again... - Edit

Amazingly cheap restaurant with very good indian food. The staff isn't very outgoing, but they understand the word "vegan" and they can help you. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the place. The dessert choice is quite interesting, there is also a wide assortment of herbal teas.
Have a look
Very recommended.

Pros: cheap, good food, relaxing atmosphere

Cons: communication problems, -, -

Unfriendly staff which couldn't speak English - Edit

At first the location seemed quite nice. I was queuing there and after a while I could speak to the staff. But the woman didn't speak English, she didn't make any effort to understand what I was talking although I said words like "allergic", "no milk", ... I was pointing to some things which looked as they could be vegan and asked, but the woman already put it on the plate without waiting. Moreover it didn't seem sooooo cheap: More than 3 € for just a little, little bit of vegetables (which doesn't make you full). Moreover the vegetables were quite cold.

I will never go there again, such unfriendly staff who doesn't even try to understand me. Probably they have enough customers, so they don't care for new ones.

I'd like to give only one cow, but that's not possible.

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Staff can't speak English, Meal was quite cold

Nice, inexpensive, good - Edit

"Ajurveda Kafejnica" is located on the upper floor of a traditional, two-storey wooden house. It is quite spacious and nicely decorated in an oriental / Indian style, with a big Buddha statue in the main room.

The kitchen is mainly Indian, with some local influence. The food - to be selected from the bar- is inexpensive and good, with vegan options. I had a yummy vegan curry with fresh vegetables and served with (I think) buckwheat, and a freshly made carrot juice. The vegan dessert of that day was already gone, so I had to skip the dessert. Since the main course was quite filling, I did not regret this too much.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really liked the place!

Pros: good food, friendly staff, inexpensive

Cons: could use some more vegan options

Good vegetarian restaurant - Edit

This is a good vegetarian choice. The food is cafeteria style such as in Rama where the food has been cooked ahead of time and is kept hot in containers. There are several vegan choices such as the lentils, tofu, vegetable dishes, etc. The environment is nice and it is fairly big inside. Across the hallway is a small store selling Tibetan items and the restaurant itself is usually burning incense. Depending on who is working there, there may or may not be a fluent English speaker but it is not a problem as usually at least one of the customers knows English and will help. The containers of food are right in front of you, behind a glass partition and they will remove the covers so you can see what the food is before buying it.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 13, 2013

Pros: many tables, good food, inexpensive

Return to Riga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ajurveda Kafejnica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3908 times since Dec 2012.