Ai Love Nalo

Contact n/a

41-1025 Kalanianaole Hwy, Waimanalo, Hawaii, USA, 96795

All vegan except for honey. Serves Hawaiian food in veggie format, using local ingredients. Try a smoothie. Open Mon 9:00am-4:00pm, Wed-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out, Fusion, Hawaiian

First Review by runner_grrl

every part of the island needs this place!! - Edit

The vibe of this place is open, welcoming, loving and high vibe! The food is flavorful, healthy, vegan and uplifting. I always feel so great after eating here! Love love love their smoothies too!

All Good ! - Edit

Converted gas station with local food prepared in a truck/trailer out back. Sound bad? Not at all ! Everything about this place is great.

Wonderful, laid back, local vibe, wonderful selection of gourmet vegan food. Everything delicious!

Especially recommend the BBQ Portobella sandwich and the Breadfruit cake desert.

Pros: Laid back, but clean and simple dining., Gourmet vegan versions of local food.

Cons: 40 min drive from Honolulu., Crowded at Sat/Sun lunch times

Traditional Hawaiian! - Edit

I was SO EXCITED when I saw they had traditional Hawaiian food that was also vegan. There's not a sign, so we initially drove right past it. But it was so good! I got the laulau and my husband got the medi bowl, both amazing! And filling!

Ai Love Nalo - Edit

Vegetarian/Vegan eatery nestled in the heart of Waimanalo. With plenty of fresh produce available to them they have created a great place in a town cultured with no modern eateries. There are many fresh meals to choose from with great flavors regardless if you are vegan or not. They are extremely creative in providing a great healthy option for you and even offer soft serve vegan ice cream - the presentation looked really appealing.

We had the It’s Mint To Be smoothie: 16 oz $6 or 20 oz $8 - Coconut milk, carob and maca powder, bananas, local mint, honey & cacao nibs. (Substituted agave for the honey) and the Watermelon Splash (seasonal)smoothie: 16 oz $6 or 20 oz $8 - Coconut water, watermelon, papaya and a touch of honey.

They have a nice garden area behind the restaurant to enjoy while you wait or take advantage of one of the two tables in the gardens to have your meal.

Parking is limited. Indoor seating is open air so it can get fairly warm. They do not have a phone so you cannot contact them for to-go orders or call for holiday hours. Looking forward to going back soon and trying more of the menu!

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Quality Food, Nice Vibe

Cons: Parking, No Phone

Neighborhood Gem! - Edit

Came across with some reviews of this restaurant while checking things on-line. Although I don't live on this side of island, I decided to give it a try since this is Sunday morning and the traffic was not bad at all for Kailua bound from City. I am so glad I did, there used to be not much choice of vegetarian restaurant on this side of island except for health food stores...but not anymore! 'Ai Love Nalo is local, vegan, and according to previous reviews, they are non GMO. There's no store name/sign at the front but as you drive along 72/Kalanianaole Hwy in Waimanalo, they are in the same block as the big M(yes...) where Sweet Home Waimanalo used to be. You can park in front of the restaurant, or around the corner of the M on Aloiloi St.
The menu items are all sounding interesting, local/traditional Hawaiian inspired vegan dishes such as luau and laulau which none are originally vegan or even vegetarian! I went in before their kitchen opens so the only items I had today at the restaurant were breakfast: parfait & smoothie, but both were sooo good(glad I ordered small, they are very filling!). I really wanted to try their lunch item but I was already so full, I decided to had the Medi bowl to-go. AND, the medi bowl was awesome!! I will definitely go back there to try the Hawaiian dishes as well as some dessert items for sure!
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 15, 2015

Pros: Traditional Hawaiian, vegan way!, Local & fresh, inexpensive

Cons: Closes at 5pm(no dinner)

Fantastic Find - Edit

Wonderful food and staff. This was our favorite restaurant on the island during our stay. Great, reasonably priced choices on the menu. We even stole a few ideas for our table at home!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious! , Inexpensive

Delicious Healthy Food and Non-GMO - Edit

This place is amazing with quality ingredients, friendly service, tasty and reasonably priced food. Been there several times and always consistently excellent service and food.
Best feature is it is No-Genetically Modified ingredients. NO GMO equals No Glyphosate (Round-Up) and other poisons residue found in GMO food.
My favorite restaurant is Ai Love Nalo now! Nicos Fish market and Bangkok Chef were two of my favorites prior to Ai Love Nalo opening.

Pros: Quality ingredients in food, Friendly staff, Clean

Cons: Flys when eating outside

Absolutely in love with this place - Edit

They have a delicious and diverse selection of plant based offerings. All dishes are made from local, organic ingredients. The space is clean, comfortable and inviting. We have eaten there twice and have not had a single item that we did not throughly enjoy. All dishes are made with great care and amazing flavor. We look forward to enjoying every offering they have. Be mindful that they do not start serving lunch options until after 10:30 and parking is very limited. Regardless if your guest is also enjoying plant based lifestyle they will love the food. I haven't met an omnivore yet that didn't enjoy their meal.

Pros: local, organic, fresh, plant based, friendly staff, free wifi & restrooms, clean, comfortable, inviting atmosphere

Cons: limited parking , full menu not available until 10:30am, only open until 5pm

Return to Waimanalo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ai Love Nalo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.