Ahimsa Vegan Food

+593-982389906

Cordero E5-70 entre Reina Victoria y Juan León Mera, Quito, Ecuador

Serving vegan food and desserts since 2017. Also sells packaged products to take away. Open Tue-Wed 8:00am-8:00pm, Thu-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Fusion, Latin, Ecuadorian

First Review by CJL

I loved it - Edit

I went Thursday and it said it was open until 10pm on the app but it’s really only Mon-Fri 8pm and weekends 10pm but she still let us in :D I had the mushroom pizza and the flavor was on point the sauce had this cheesy after taste which was awesome. I thanked the owner for what she is doing she was really nice and I love what she is doing : )

Pros: atmosphere , great service , delicious food

love these people! - Edit

They treated me like family as soon as I entered their establishment.
Not a ton of selection but some of the best vegan eats on The equator. And so cheap!
The chef genuinely loves what he does and the food reflects this.
I returned three times in a two day period. That should say something.

Delicious vegan set menu! - Edit

Staff very friendly and helpful and the chef speaks some English! Today’s set menu consisted of black bean soup to start, pasta with veggie meat plus corn bread and pesto for our main and brownie for dessert! All were very flavourful! We also had a Cinnabon for a second dessert and that was incredibly good!!

Pros: cheap - 15 for 3 people, chef speaks some English, all vegan goodness

Go here! - Edit

Stopped by today around lunch time and a lovely experience! The owner was very friendly and the food was delicious. There was no menu, just a daily offering but we decided to give it a go anyway. The meal was brought out in three courses and cost just 20 dollars for four people!

Today the chef prepared:
Starter: tomato soup with plantain chips
Main: Corn arepas topped with ceviche and a side of mixed roasted veggies (carrots, zucchini, chick peas)
Dessert: Cinnabon
Drink: Puréed guava

We also had a brownie and house made almond milk as we got there a bit early before lunch was ready.

The owner spoke English very well and engaged us in a passionate conversation about why she opened the the restaurant and everything she hopes to accomplish, one plate at a time.

Definitely worth a stop if you're in Quito!

Pros: Yumtastic, Friendly staff , Fresh and local

Return to Quito Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ahimsa Vegan Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.