Against the Grain

Contact 502-515-0174

401 E Main St, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Busy, local brewery offering burgers and bar food that's mostly meat stuff but tries to cater to vegans. Vegans could get vegan wings (specify no honey dipping sauce), seitan tacos, nachos substitute seitan (hold the cheese), and a vegan chili (say no meat). Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-2:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:00am

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by VeganTemptress

must get wings!!! - Edit

This was a really great stop by the ball park! The wings are a MUST!!! Wish their onion rings were vegan friendly but this place has lots of great try's for vegan/vegetarians!

HAIL BBQ SEITAN - Edit

Ok, I usually don't rave about restaurants who's main focus is on nonvegan or nonvegetarian food but this place has awesome seitan wings! I can't believe I didnt know about them before. They are juicy, soft, good "meaty" size, and oh so saucy. Just the wings alone will keep me coming back. (So much better than the BBC's)

Other plus factors are the amazing beer, which you can actually see where they brew it behind glass walls! There's lovely local art on the walls. They have a pickled plate that u can omit the egg and cheese from but keep in mind they dont alter the price. One reviewer said the fries were overseasoned so i got mine regular and they were super fresh and great.

The only downside is the bbq seitan sandwich comes on brioche! It's not vegan. They offered white sandwich bread or the baguettes that came with my pickled plate instead which is totally a disgrace to the amazingness of the seitan. I just stuck with the wings and topped some fries with them. Still not complaining. Next visit I will try the nachos with the seitan and a side of greens.

Pros: best seitan in louisville, tons of craft beer, homemade pickled veggies

Cons: no vegan buns

Wangzzzzz - Edit

The vegan seitan wings here are on point. You can request extra BBQ sauce instead of honey for dipping. The tacos come with the same seitan (maybe a different sauce?), but be cautious - twice when I've ordered them they've given me pork. The greens are also vegan and very tasty. I'm not a big fan of the vegan chili, it's always been a bit bland and thick, and the fries are overly seasoned for my taste.

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Against the Grain closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1828 times since May 2014.