Afinidad Maravillosa - Pueblo Libre

+511-4624458

Av Brasil 1998, Pueblo Libre (at Ca Marcos Palomino and Cr Domingo Nieto), Lima, Peru

Vegetarian restaurant of Asian cuisine, buffet style, located on the Avenida Brasil. Also has an a la carte menu. As of November 2014, each portion (rice with vegetables, fried noodles, beans, etc.) from the buffet costs 2 soles, with an optional special combo with 4 portions and a beverage for 7 soles. Knowledgeable about veganism and has plenty of vegan choices. A small retail shop carries biscuits, noodles and more. Open Thu-Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by Patapompon

Bueno y Barato - Edit

La comida no es que sea algo del otro mundo, y he probado mejores buffet. Pero está bueno para pasar por ahí cuando se está cerca.

Cada porción vale 2 soles. Yo tomé un plato con 4 porciones. Es decir que me almuerzo fue de 8 soles. Incluye refresco.

Mediocre Chinese - Edit

Food was not exciting, kind of like cheap Chinese food you'd get in the US.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: greasy

Good food at a good price - Edit

Just when I think I have tried all the veggie restaurants in Lima, somebody posts another one and I have to go check it out! I have already been to their other location in the historic center of town, so the food was familiar, but I got more to eat at this location.

Just like the other location, this one has the buffet so you can see what you are ordering. As of November 2014, it's 7 soles for 4 different items, plus a glass of tea. There were plenty of tables there, and most of them were taken at 100pm when I was there.

If you would like to visit this place and you're in Miraflores, see the bus instructions for the Donde Ines veggie restaurant... instead of getting off the bus at Javier Prade Oeste, just go about 10-15 more blocks and watch the building numbers as you ride along. Get off in the 1900 block and the restaurant is on a corner.

Pros: Price, Variety, You can see the food before ordering

Cons: Not near typical tourist areas

Correct food for low price - Edit

[This restaurant is owned by the same who have the Afinidad Maravillosa in the Center of Lima]

I happened to pass by this restaurant, and I decided to try it. It is a buffet where you can choose from various options of Asian/Chinese cuisine (rice, beans, fried noodles, fried vegetables, etc. and also non-vegan options like rice with omelet and so on) for 2 soles each.
I chose to have a combo (4 portions and a beverage for 7 soles) and honestly I was surprised: the food was better than expected (and lighter than I thought it was), and it was plenty enough.
The service was poor, if not non-existent, but it was ok since I didn't really need anything from them. And I was glad to find a restaurant in this area.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Poor service

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Afinidad Maravillosa - Pueblo Libre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.