Afamia Eck

n/a

August-Bebel-Strasse 3 (at Weidenplan), Halle, Germany, 06108

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical German doner restaurant with vegetarian and vegan choices. First vegan doner in the city with made-in-house vegan sauces, vegan burgers and soups. Every Monday you can try a new vegan dessert. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-4:00pm. Closed Sun and National Holidays.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, German, Non-veg

First Review by tiki_spanky

Visit to Halle - Edit

We visited Halle and passing this fast food place, noticed the sign advertising vegan and vegetarian food. Had a passable vegan döner. Decorations were uhh interesting.

Pros: Vegan döner

Awesome food, try it! - Edit

The restaurant has its very own charms, the interior is a melange of bad taste, from Greek statues, seasonal decorations to fake stone walls. No offense :3
The food on the other hand is awesome. I have been here several times, the kebab is delicious, the seasoning has its very own style and contains grilled vegetables and lots of fresh salad. The falafel are home made and fresh, all sauces (except for mayonnaise) are vegan. For dessert there is vegan baklava.
I would absolutely recommend to come here!

Pros: super friendly staff, many vegan options, clean re

Cons: not wheelchair accessible

A ray of hope in Halle - Edit

The staff of the Afamia Eck is very polite and open-minded. There are different vegan meals (Döner, Hamburger, Hummus, some sweets, homemade sauces) but also meals with meat. All meals are passionately prepared and served. If I could give 5 stars, I would.

Pros: tasty, vegan, friendly

I'd give 5 stars if it was possible - Edit

Having a vegan kebap in Halle is such a blessing! I knew I had to try it on one of my trips to Halle and now I know I will definitely come back whenever I have the chance to!
The seitan-based kebap is perfectly spiced and not as oily as some others I've tried, the bread is awesomely crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and the sauces are all home-made.
I've tried a lot of vegan kebaps in Berlin and Leipzig before, but for me the one at Afamia Eck is the best!
Also the interior is much nicer than at most döner places. You have a lot of room for seating and clean restrooms. The owner is an absolute sweetheart, who would like to expand the vegan menu in the future and therefore asked me and my friend for advice what he should try. So I'm sure there's more great vegan stuff to look forward to at this place in the future!

Pros: amazing taste, nice interior, friendly staff

Cons: serves meat

Return to Halle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Afamia Eck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.