CLOSED: Adulis

Esslinger Str 22 (at Charlotten Str), Stuttgart, Germany, 70182

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and cocktail lounge. In Ethiopian cuisine you will find vegan suitable spiced dishes made with vegetables, lentils, potatoes, and legumes. REPORTED SHUT SINCE JAN 2015, WEBPAGE NO LONGER. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri 5:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Take-out, Ethiopian, Eritrean, African, Non-veg

First Review by vegan_ryan

Lovely Cocktails and Food - Edit

It was lovely, I had my first cocktail in over a year, a pina colada and it was wonderful. I want another one now.

I shared the sampler plate for 2 with my friend and it was lovely. I really enjoyed the fresh grilled veggies that came out a bit later. Some of the other options tasted a bit too similar and it got to be a bit much and I'd rather a bit more veg than lentil, but it was all very good.

Pros: Great drinks, Sampler plate to share

Cons: not enough variety

Injera amazingness in Stuttgart - Edit

With one encouraging review on Happy Cow and window signage advertising vegan options, we thought that Adulis would be worth a try. And we are SO glad we did.

The menu has a vegetarian section with vegan options clearly marked. The two of us shared a vegan taster plate of vegan offerings with 6 injera for 29 euros (see photo). It was amazing. The injera was light and fluffy and the accompanying stews and curries varied and tasty including a dahl, okra, spinach and several others. We didn't want it to end.

Pros: super tasty Ethiopian vegan food

Cons: also serves meat

Good food, pays to be vegetarian - Edit

This place offers mainly your standard Ethiopian food. It's also the first time I've been to an Ethiopian restaurant with a friend who eats meat, and you really benefit from ordering veggie food at this place.

For 14€, I got a huge amount of food on the vegetarian mixed plate (a little bit of everything from the vegetarian section of the menu). My friend ordered lamb, and he paid 15€ to get half the amount of food I had.

The food was really good, and I definitely got a good laugh out of the pricing for vegan vs meat at this restaurant.

All vegetarian menu items are clearly marked "vegan" on the menu and on the sign at the front door.

Pros: Large portions

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Stuttgart Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Adulis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.