Acton & Sons

17 Brunswick St, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 7GE

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a large separate vegetarian menu with vegan options marked. Has vegan wine. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by CiaraSlevin

Acton and sons - Edit

Friendly and helpful staff and nice atmosphere. Good choice of food from separate vegan menu. Casserole delicious. Nut roast also delicious. Chocolate brownie very light and not heavy but divine.

Delicious - Edit

Delicious Vegan Options are available on a separate Vegan menu. I had the lentil loaf with gravy, and baked yams with Chinese broccoli and snow peas. They also have a couple of vegan desserts.

Pros: Vegan menu, Friendly service

Wonderful lunch! - Edit

My partner and I tried this restaurant for the first time and were not disappointed! As mentioned before, the dedicated veg*n menu is very creative and flavourful! I had the Moroccan tofu with harissa; a very good portion size and a fantastic balance between spicy and sweet ingredients. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Just be sure to mention if you are vegan if ordering a vegan dish as it may have to be adapted. The menu does state that there are vegan wines and beers available, however they also listed a dessert with honey as vegan, so it may be best to double check. I was extremely happy with my meal and will definitely be returning!

Pros: Dedicated vegetarian and vegan menu, Vegan wines/beer available , Vegan desserts

Cons: Would benefit from more vegan main choices

Fantastic dedicated Vegetarian & Vegan menu - Edit

Acton & Sons is FANTASTIC. I visited it with my Mum, brother and sister and everyone agreed it was the best meal we've had in ages. On arrival the restaurant was packed, buzzing, noisy and vibrant. I would recommend booking a table over the weekend to make sure you're not disappointed. Decor is relaxed consisting of wooden tables, framed posters on the walls, candles in wine and gin bottles on the tables and a large dark wood bar.

Staff were delightful and the dedicated Vegetarian and Vegan menu was extensive, well thought out and impressive. Not a boring pasta or risotto in sight! We ordered starters of hot halloumi in honey, warm spiced cauliflower lentil and hazelnut salad and two hummus and flatbreads. Such fresh, tasty and well balanced flavours, so we shared them all so we could taste everything!

My main was the twice baked spinach soufflé with scallion cream and greens which was beautiful. My sister went for Cajun spiced aubergines with courgette-pepper rice and tomato salsa which was spiced hot and perfectly to her liking. I sampled this dish also and it was absolutely delicious. We all LOVED the food and agree we've found our new favourite Belfast restaurant.

Determined not to leave until Acton & Sons literally closed for the night we sat on at our table and shared a couple of desserts. Three bottles of wine later we eventually headed home and hadn't even made it to the pub for an after dinner drink as we had initially planned. Instead, we just didn't want to leave the great food, good wine and chilled atmosphere of Acton & Sons. Our bill wasn't too bad either! I would highly recommend this restaurant for an evening out and it will suit couples, groups or large parties. Plus with Acton & Sons wide range of menus there'll be dishes to suit all tastes. I loved it and cannot wait to return.

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Acton & Sons closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.