First Review by jackie.r.7289

Solid acai bowl - Edit

This was a very solid acai bowl. The consistency of the acai was just right -- not too frozen to be almost ice cream-like or too liquidy to seem like a smoothie. We both got the classic acai bowl, which included guarana, banana, strawberries, coconut flakes and granola (we asked for honey to be added, which really seems to add a nice punch of natural sweetness to acai bowls). We got to pick from four different granola flavors and we both went with the low fat apple cinnamon. My one main gripe would be that the granola to acai ratio was too heavy, I prefer lighter granola and more acai. Next time I'd request this. The granola itself was tasty - very crunchy and relatively largish hunks of it. It had a heavy apple cinnamon flavor, and the acai itself tasted quite cinnamon after sitting with the granola even so briefly. The acai was sweet without being overly so, and there was a good amount of fresh fruit on top, including a full banana!

We'd certainly be back, especially if in the area. At about $10.50 each, it powered us through our three hour hike after the bowls. The shop is cutely designed with surfboards hanging from the ceiling, as well as different acai bowl ingredients and granola bars for sale. There are also benches outside the shop to sit on.

Return to Pacific Palisades Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Acai Nation closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.