First Review by enRoute

Not quite Indian. - Edit

when I was there, they only have one option with white rice, sautéed veg with mock meat, salad, desert and drink, which was kind of typical stuff you find in other vegetarian restaurants. The taste was good but nothing exceptional for the price.

the map shows wrong location. it is on the west side of the stadium.

Cons: relatively high price

3 cows for good, basic food - Edit

I went one day in May 2014. The food was basic, but good. On the day I went, they had tomato soup, tomato and lettuce salad, rice-veggie stirfry, mock meat, cake, and a juice drink. The current price is 10.000 pesos, which seems a bit much for what I got. In my humble opinion, the places in downtown Medellin have tastier food at lower prices. However, if you're already in this neighborhood, you may as well give this place a try. The Arbol de la Vida restaurant isn't too far away either.

Pros: Location in a neighborhood I like

Cons: Price a bit high for the quality of food, Very limited seating

pleasant, low-key lunch spot near the stadium - Edit

I heard about this place by word of mouth after asking around at Govinda's, and it turns out I like the Indian food here a bit better. It's only open for lunch and serves a very nice buffet on the second floor.

Very easy to get to by taking the Metro to the Estadio stop. It's located less than a block from the stadium and makes a great focus for exploring the area (it's also close to an entrance to Cerro el Volador). The friendly people who run it have close connections to India so you'll find some authentic treats here. Recommended!

Pros: inexpensive, mostly authentic Indian, easy to find

Cons: small, limited hours, a bit out of the way

Return to Medellin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Academia Ganges closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1073 times since Jan 2012.