Abyssinia

Contact 919-664-8151

2109-146 Avent Ferry Rd, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, 27606

Serves meat, vegan options available. At Ethiopian restaurants, you can usually find some vegetable and bean dishes that are vegan suitable. This one has a separate vegetarian menu, and the owners are knowledgeable regarding vegan dietary needs.

Category: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by angelaxvx

Noms - Edit

I absolutely adore Ethiopian food. It is comforting, rich in spices, and you can eat it with your hands. I have been to Abyssinia several times, all of which were very satisfying. I have tried the veggie sampler a couple times and it is amazing each time. I love all of the lentil dishes. I will definitely be back every time I crave Ethiopian.

Not Bad - Edit

I've been here a few times with vegan friends who eat here regularly and really enjoy it. I'll admit I'm not completely sure I see the attraction, but I'm glad they're happy with it!

The food is certainly fine, though I would say it's not the best ever or anything. The owner and staff are very nice and friendly, so that's certainly a point in their favor. Cleanliness doesn't seem to be the top priority, at least the times I've been here, but the food has seemed fine.

So I guess I'm personally a bit "meh" overall about Abyssinia, but if I'm not mistaken, it's often considered the best Ethiopian food in the Triangle (maybe the only?? I honestly haven't heard of another nearby).

Pros: OK food, Nice staff

Cons: Not the cleanest place, Only OK food

Authentic and delicious! - Edit

This restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat. The food is so delicious and fresh! The owner is very nice and knowledgable regarding vegan diets due to his religious beliefs. The staff is so friendly and it is definately a place worth trying!

Pros: Delicious/fresh food, Portion size, Friendly staff

Cons: Serves animal flesh, Outdated decor

Return to Raleigh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Abyssinia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2992 times since Jun 2012.