Abyssinia

• Veg-friendly
Contact 021-3114907

Rue du Valentin 14, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1004

Serves meat, vegan options available. As with most Ethiopian restaurant, the menu includes some vegan suitabel dishes like beans and stews. 6 different types of spicy stews and a salad served on a large sourdough flatbread (injera). Advertise the word "végétalienn" on the sign above its door.

Category: Beer/Wine, African, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by jewelsthemonkey

OK - Edit

Tasty food and great location. When you choose the vegan option, your plate is half empty, you can ask for more without extra price but it would be more polite to be serve as good as those who eat corpses.

Pros: decoration, taste

Cons: price, small portions

Unusual and delicious food - Edit

We ate here in May and were very pleased. Each plate contained an assortment of foods, placed on a large circle of bread. There were a couple of all-vegan choices and we enjoyed them all. Reservations would have been a good idea, but they did seat us anyway. Staff were very helpful.

Pros: delicious & unusual menu, friendly staff

Seriously my favorite restaurant in Lausanne - Edit

The vegan menu is just great! I went to many Ethiopian restaurants, but this one definately is my favorite! If you go there for lunch the price is gonna be cheap (but you better make a reservation!). Fast service, friendly waiters great food with so many flavors! Oh and by the way, I tested it, you can ask for more food if you're still hungry after one plate!

Pros: Taste is awesome, All you can eat for a cheap price, Fast service

Great food, reasonably priced! - Edit

Anyone who has visited Switzerland knows that it is insanely expensive. This restaurant is the best-priced we found during our time in Switzerland and the food is great! Don't let the outside of the restaurant fool you. It looks like it might be a bit shabby, but inside it is beautiful. The staff is super friendly and I would recommend it to anyone!

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff

Cons: Outer decor

Return to Lausanne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Abyssinia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1643 times since Nov 2010.