About Life

02-87551333

605 Darling St, Rozelle, New South Wales, 2040

Serves meat, vegan options available. Natural and organic grocery market with cafe inside. Several NSW locations. Offers meals and beverages with vegan items marked. Has naturopathic dispensary. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by amaranth

Great shop, ok cafe - Edit

Love that the shop had increased their vegan options. Wish the cafe did the same. The sweet potato chips with tahini sauce are our favourite, and the chia avo on toast.

About Life - Edit

Excellent supermarket with a comprehensive range (but expensive).
Food looks tempting, however tastes awful.
Restaurant service is poor, & supermarket staff are mostly surly.

All your organic / vegan needs! - Edit

Great market for all your organic, vegetarian and or vegan needs. THere's not much you won't be able to find there. Some stores have more slightly more options than others. There's one in Rozelle, Bondi Junction & Double Bay. The Double Bay store is the biggest and offers the most extensive amount of ready to eat food, with salad bars, build your own pizzas, fruit, deserts & more.

Pros: Good Organic Supermarket, Plenty of Fresh Food options, Raw & cooked food

Cons: Not all the stores have as much range, Fresh food could use some more labelling

Tummy loves this supermarket but wallet doesn't - Edit

Love the food I could get when I was living locally that I never saw elsewhere. Think they are ahead of the pack for new foods. Many of the vegan options are great although there are a few fails in the freezer section. But you can get delicious stuff like adzuki bean dip, raw cashew hummus, almond milk icecream, delicious curries off the fridge shelf and super awesome sprouted bread. You can also buy a bunch of other good grocery options like vegan mayo (which is delicious), etc. But yes, it will cost you $$$. I used to go here when I wanted to indulge.

Pros: Variety / Options, Staff are friendly and helpful, Well laid out shop

Cons: $$$, Could have even more options!

Great but expensive - Edit

The supermarket is really good, you will find lots of hard to get ingredients... But it is really expensive! The cafe is generally good, the coconut quinoa porridge is so yum... The same thing with the butter on toast has happened to me (see previous review) avoid the tofu scramble, it's bland and oily. Good smoothies.

Great supermarket, not so great cafe - Edit

I was really excited when I found this place but I didn't have a great experience here. The supermarket looks incredible though. I ordered an iced coffee and asked if they had soy, and the guy said he had no idea if they had soy. Then I asked to confirm my smoothie was dairy free and he also said he had no idea, and had to ask someone else. When I opened my Loving Earth chocolate, it was melted. Then my tofu scramble came (which has "vegan"in brackets on the menu) and it had a big chunk of butter on the toast. It was missing things that the menu said it would have, like roasted tomato. When I swapped toast with my non-vegan bf, there was a hair under his. It was a disappointing scramble, not much tofu, not enough to spread on 2 pieces of toast. Salads were not clearly marketd with ingredients either, and when I inquired they didn't know. It was really hot in there too, no a/c

Pros: Supermarket

Cons: Not great food, Unclearly marked, Butter on vegan meal

Return to Rozelle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has About Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.