Contact 310-798-8227

1301 Manhattan Ave, Hermosa Beach, California, USA, 90254

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and brewery in a trendy, spacious atmosphere. The roof deck offers plush seating, fire pits, and an ocean view. Has a small vegan section on the menu. Sells house-made brews. Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, American, International, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by califashion

Conclusion: (putting this first) No one in my party was impressed, no one wanted to finish their food, and we had to leave early because the atmosphere was so smokey, so noisy, and so crowded. The food is overpriced, greasy, and rich; the portions are small, the vegan menu is very limited (so is the main menu TBH), and RIP if you have allergies because modifications aren't possible.

If you've had a long day and need to refuel with something that isn't gonna weigh you down or roil your stomach, DONT go here.

There are so many other options nearby here. I seriously recommend you check them out instead.

Vegan Menu: HORRIBLY limited. There are four options. The Buddha Belly Feast which is supposedly quite good, but also VERY spicy. Two salads; they're what I would call "rabbit food" and don't supply much in the way of nutrition or energy. I had the heirloom tomato; it was good despite ingredients being missing. The tomatoes and lettuce and onions were very fresh and very delicious but overall the salad was just "ok." They also had some kind of cold edamame soba. It sounded very plain.

Atmosphere: In hindsight my party came at the wrong time. It was late Saturday and we made it just in time for last call in the kitchen. The place was packed, very noisy, and very smokey. There is some kind of nightclub above the restaurant that got very loud, with bass that shook the whole building.

Service: Our server was very sweet, tried to be accommodating but the kitchen here just doesn't operate that way; modifications aren't possible and most of the main menu items are cooked or served with animal products. The service was also very slow, but in their defense they were very busy.

Pros: Great location for Manhattan Beach

Cons: Overpriced, greasy food, Very limited vegan options; small menu, Loud, smokey atmosphere made my party sick

limited vegan at brunch - Edit

We went to brunch with a friend who said they have a separate vegan menu section. Apparently, that is on the regular menu as the brunch menu had limited choices which weren't labeled either. It was either the heirloom tomato salad or the Buddha belly feast. We all got the feast which was good and we did enjoy having some good beers with it too. We liked the brewery atmosphere, but we would not return unless the regular menu was available with more choices.

Pros: brewery, friendly service

Cons: limited vegan options at brunch, serves meat, dairy and eggs

Loved the atmosphere, Food Okay - Edit

this is a tapas style restaurant. i was with a party of five so we did a good sampling of the menu and the consensus was the food was okay. there is a vegan section on the menu. the best thing i had was the heirloom tomato and avocado salad (vegan). the buddha belly feast (vegan) was okay, the sauce on the veggies was a little too rich for me. the decor was cool and the place had a fun vibe.

Everyone will be happy! - Edit

This is my go to spot in the South Bay because it is has a vegan menu but is still impressive to my non-veg friends. The dishes are fairly small and it is meant to be family style but due to my preferences I usually order my own dish. There are tons of options if you are vegetarian including delicious appetizers (like the brussel sprouts) but usually about 4 vegan items, 2 of which are currently salads. The menu is seasonal. They have some delicious unique cocktails and they also brew their own beer. Reservations are a good idea or you may end up at a community table (which isn't so bad but you may not prefer it). There is valet parking but I usually park at a meter on Pier Ave since they take credit cards.

Pros: vegan menu, trendy

Cons: need reservations, pay for parking

Return to Hermosa Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Abigaile closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1127 times since Jun 2013.