First Review by vali

Best European Falafel I've ever had! - Edit

As an Israeli, who eats good falafel quite a bit, I am always disappointed by falafel in western countries. Abi's Falafel however, was far from disappointing.

They have awesome plate dishes, with great fresh ingredients, and also some nice take-away options. They deserve 5 stars no doubt!

Pros: Variety of dishes., Price.

So good - Edit

We ordered the vegan falafel sandwiches (ie pitas) and they were so good!! Absolutely make time to stop here for something.

Pros: big serving, good price, great food

Best falafel I have ever had - Edit

Abi Falafel is located in a lively pedestrian street and offers a interior that is beautifully decorated in an Arabic style. The vegan options are clearly labelled, and staff is very friendly. I had the Falafel Sandwich in the maxi and spicy version for 4,50€, and it was really delicious because of tasty falafels, fresh vegetables and a spicy sauce.

Pros: Excellent falafel, Friendly staff, Beautiful interior

Cons: Not completely vegan, Nothing is organic.

Really good falafel - Edit

Went there two times during my visit to Ljubljana. Their falafel are really good, fresh salads and nice sauces. Try the potatoes with sumac and garlic. Staff are friendly and interior is inviting. Gets crowded around meal times. What else? Free wifi, all vegan dishes are clearly labelled, good location next to many bars.

Pros: Fresh fast food

Cons: Not completely vegan

awesome - Edit

Cheap. Tasty. We ate here three times in six days. Grab and go. Awesome. Stick with the falafel sandwich and avoid maxi unless you are starving :)

Pros: taste, price

Cons: nil

Best falafel i've ever tried! - Edit

Very tasty falafel.

Best falafel I've ever had - Edit

This restaurant is a dream come true for me! It has the best falafel wraps I've ever eaten.
I've been there numerous times and I've always eaten the same and was never disappointed.
The inside itself is really small, only about 4 chairs and the place where they prepare your food. In summer they also have chairs outside, but I usually take my wrap and go eat it somewhere near Ljubljanica.
The workers are really nice and prepare the wrap like you want it. They also use separate tools and everything to prepare meaty food, which is a huge bonus. Although, a completely vegan Falafel would be even better!

Pros: Cheap and fast, delicious falafel wraps, very friendly workers

Cons: really tiny place

Best Falafel in the world - Edit

I have eaten falafel wraps at many places across the world, but I've to say that this is the best falafel I've ever had. Great value for money! The staff is very friendly as well. I was quite addicted to it and ate it every single day I was in Ljubljana.

The falafels are made with fresh ingredients.
falafel sandwich €3.40 - falafel, hummus, tahini, Peta bread, and fresh vegetables
falafel special sandwich €3.90 - falafel sandwich + roasted courgettes and aubergines. If you are hungry, go for this one.

Pros: Tasty, Great value for money, Friendly Staff

Cons: Small , A bit crowded at times

Tasty and good value - Edit

I ordered a falafel special sandwich, which, besides falafel, hummus, tahini, Arabian bread, and fresh vegetables, that constitute plain falafel sandwich, also contains roasted courgettes and aubergines. For €3.90 I got such a heavy sandwich that I immediately regretted having anything for breakfast that day. The sandwich was very tasty, so I did manage to eat it whole, but eating it was messy because the tahini sauce was runny. The restaurant is tiny, with only a few seats.

Pros: very tasty, inexpensive

Cons: tiny restaurant

... - Edit

the staff is friendly and they know what vegan is. the falafel is tasty and crazy cheap. if you're looking for a quick, filling, inexpensive meal, give this place a try.

my friend uroš loves the falafel here, and would probably give them a rating of five cows.

Pros: the price, the falafel, the location

Cons: serves meat

Quick falafel - Edit

The falafel is gluten-free (just chickpeas, parsley & spices) & pretty good. Slim salad selection, which makes the falafel plate unremarkable...definitely on the cheap/fast end of the falafel spectrum, but if that's what yr looking for, this place should work for you!

Pros: Gluten-free, Hummus!, Friendly staff

Cons: Minimal salad options

FALAFEL - Edit

You MUST try falafel! 100% vegan and wonderful.

Pros: wonderful falafel, student coupons, location in the center

Cons: also offer non-veg options

Great - Edit

Lovely "special" - tortilla wrapped falafel and salad, in a location just a little away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist routes Really a take-away with just two tables.

Pros: Friendly

Cons: Tiny

Great - Edit

Homemade falafel wioth hummus right in the middle of Ljubljana.

Best falafel ever - Edit

Cheap, delicious, and fast even with a queue - yet another reason I wish that I had stayed longer in Ljubljana.

Pros: friendly owner, amazing falafel, low price

excellent - Edit

falafel is great, especially when the owner makes it. Try falafel special with some cooked vegetables.

Pros: excellent food, good value

Return to Ljubljana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Abi Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.