A1 Sweet and Restaurant - Oakville

Contact 905-257-0808

2345 Trafalgar Rd, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6H 6N9

Casual vegetarian Indian restaurant serving a variety of food. Sister restaurant to the one in Scarborough. Open Tue-Wed 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by blonde76

Delicious Samosas but not sure if it's vegan! - Edit

Can someone confirm this for me? I saw on this website that the samosas were vegan BUT i have a lactose intolerance and i have really bad symptoms after having these samosas...
UPDATE: There are clear vegan options at the buffet table. They label foods "VEGAN" in bold letters which is great!!

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-26

Pros: food is amazing

I'm a regular - Edit

when I am in Oakville visiting my parents and need lunch I often stop here. I get the potato curry and the chana masala because those are dairy free. the daal fry is also dairy free. They are always friendly. they recently increased their prices but not by too much. The samosas are also good and vegan. for a quick meal its a great choice.

Pros: fast, friendly staff, tasty food.

Cons: not as many vegan options as I would like, closed on Monday

Delicious Indian food with vegan options - Edit

They must have improved since they first opened, as I have been going this past year, and they do a good job with both food and service. I would highly recommend the combo plate with fresh naan or puri. You get to choose which items go in your tray and I'm certain you won't be disappointed! Makes a wonderful lunch or dinner.

Good Stuff - Edit

I think A1 is great - great food, good (fast) service and very affordable. I find this food better than most dine in restaurants. I go here at least once a week, and I am not Indian, and I can say without doubt they are not racist.

Pros: Good food, Price, Cleanliness

Service could be better - Edit

I visited this restaurant a few weeks after they opened. I placed my order with a very nice gentleman and he passed me onto this woman. I was the next one to be served after an older man, but she continued serving other people before me. I asked her when it was my turn and she ignored my question and continued serving other people. When the gentleman came back I told him I have two minutes before my lunch break was over and I need my food or my money back and he told her to service me next. I waited over twenty minutes for the woman to server me food that was in front of her the whole time and she did not apologize nor did she smile. I won't go back again.

Pros: clean

Cons: no smiling, long wait

Return to Oakville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A1 Sweet and Restaurant - Oakville closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3132 times since Mar 2010.