A Matter of Health - NYC

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 212-288-8280

1478 1st Ave (at Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10075

Stocks natural, organic and whole foods, nutritional products, body care products and health information. Many vegan suitable items. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-8:30pm, Sat 9:00am-7:30pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

First Review by NYChealthfoodie

Healthy convenience - Edit

This place is near work for me so I shop here frequently. They have an extensive selection of food to suit almost anyone's dietary needs. Me personally, I haven't experienced any rudeness from the staff at all while shopping here but I've always went there to pick up what I need. I've never called in an order to them. If you are in the area and need organic groceries or food items to suit specific diets (ie: vegan, gluten-free) I'd recommend this place.

BEWARE OF THE MEAN STAFF!! - Edit

I USED to shop here all the time - the old staff was so helpful, warm, accommodating, I can't say enough good things... HOWEVER, this place is a total nightmare now, The new staff can't get orders straight. Every time I have ordered food in, I have received some items that were incorrect, such as sodium free food when I didn't ask for that, frozen dinners food that weren't gluten free like what I specified, etc. Because of this problem, I asked the woman I was placing the order with to please go over the order with me. She barked at me, "You're being rude! I know my work!" This was AFTER she made me call her back twice because she was busy and sighed deeply when I tried to place an order, telling me, "It's not a good time for me again, but, fine, I'll take your order". I asked her how exactly I was being rude to her? She handed the phone to some gross man who worked there who sounded like he drooled and called her "honey" who shouted at me - yes, shouted - that if my order was ever wrong, it was my fault because I must have not told them what I wanted. I informed him that I did in fact tell them what I wanted and he SCREAMED at me, "YOU DON'T LISTEN!" I told him he sounded crazy and the new staff needs etiquette lessons. They are some seriously personality challenged social misfits that work there. If you like the DMV, shop at a Matter of Health! I told them that I would never shop there again and cancelled my order. Venture at your own risk!

Pros: Healthy food

Cons: Staff, Staff, Staff

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A Matter of Health - NYC closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.