A Market Natural Foods

• Health Store
Contact 603-668-8445

125 Loring St, Manchester, New Hampshire, USA, 03103

Natural foods market with vegetarian/vegan options. Next to Manchester Commons Shopping Center on South Willow Street - behind Irving Gas & Dyna Tune - store is on left - plenty of parking.

First Review by Fallenxero

cramped and pricey - Edit

Although the store has the best selection of vegan options close to me I find it to be quite pricey for those options. =(

Pros: vegan options close to my house, knowledgeable staff

Cons: cramped, over priced

A Wonderful Place - Edit

A Market Natural Foods is a wonderful place to do your grocery shopping! The food is fresh and they have a good amount of sales circulating. They have a lot of vegan substitutes and the employees are always willing to help you find something! Everyone there is happy and accommodating! The only negative is the pricing; if you go shopping here, prepare to spend a pretty penny.

Pros: Great variety of food products, People are very friendly, Good atmosphere

Cons: Pricey

lovely store, but a bit pricey - Edit

i live right near a-market so it's quite convenient for me to just pop in there to grab whatever i need. there's not a whole lot of natural food stores up here in nh, so it's quite nice to be able to grab some bagels and cream cheese. and i was delighted at how quickly they got in new earth balance and daiya products when they came out! unfortunately, i have found some of their items to be a bit pricey, like liz lovely cookies which i can purchase near my work in lowell are double the price up at a-market, and that's with tax! the people who work there are always friendly and wiling to help me, but i can't see doing a complete food shopping there as i would run out of money waaaay faster than i could fill up my belly

Pros: friendly staff, lots of vegan options

Cons: higher price

No customer care - Edit

Have been shopping at A-market for 8 years (weekly sometimes twice weekly) and recently started juicing so ordered 50lb carrots at a discount, after I got them home, realized they were mostly unsuitable for juicing as they were smaller than my fingers. When I called to cancel the following weeks order and tell them why, was rudely and abruptly told would pass it on. When I tried to say that I was a regular customer and wanted to continue shopping there, again was cut short and told, "will pass it on" - Never heard from them again. I now go to Wholefoods which is 20 minutes extra drive each way but half the price - Nice!!!! Thanks A-Market

Great products - Edit

Great products, lots to choose from. However, I would love to beable to shop there weekly but, there is not way I could afford it. $70.00 or more a week for one person and, that is just the basic stuff. Also most of the staff thinks they are better than you. Most of the time you will not even get a hello from them, or they act like you are bothering them by being there.

Pros: clean, good products

Cons: expensive, staff is not nice

Overpriced but OK in a pinch - Edit

I can go here and spend $70 and walk out with a bag full or can go to my usual Organic spot and walk out with three bags full for $70, kind of a no brainer. they do have products other stores do not carry but the price is too much for every week food shopping, we go there maybe 3 times a year.

Pros: variety, it's in NH, Organic

Cons: over priced, pretentious , small

Not great, but usually does the trick - Edit

This is a small, overpriced natural foods store in Manchester. They sell a good range of products and are a good source for vegan junk food. Organic produce is usually good (but expensive, and the banans are terrible tasting). The store keeps brewed coffee and tea on hand as well as two types of hot soup (usually one is vegan). Good selection of vegan deserts and sweets. Prices are fairly high compared to places like WildOats and Wholefoods, but this is the best the Manch has for natural and vegan-friendly stores. Most of the staff is nice, but some seem just a bit high and mighty. Here's a tip: find something you like there first, then run across the street to shaw's and see if they have it cheaper.

Pros: good variety, has uncommon products

Cons: high prices

Just okay - Edit

I actually worked for this store. I do love their produce, and their soups. They have a few hard to find vegan specialty items, which is pretty much the only reason I go there. They are way overpriced, and the management (and a few of the staff) are snooty and pretentious, which is too bad, because otherwise this store would be awesome.

Pros: Hard to find items, Good Soup, Great Produce

Cons: Pricey, Holy-er than thou attitud

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A Market Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3025 times since Aug 2007.