A Lotus on the Water

n/a

88 Danjielin Rd 3F, Tibet, China

Menu items are traditional Tibetan and Chinese food but without garlic or onion, mostly vegan except for dairy in dessert or drinks (ask). Menu is in Tibetan, Chinese, English, plus food photos but minimal English spoken. Buffet on holidays. Free Wi-Fi. Located on the 3rd floor above a shopping center. Signs on the outside of the building are visible, and the steps/elevator are on the right after the first shop on the ground floor. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Tibetan

First Review by vegan_ryan

Accidental discovery, iT'S AMAZING - Edit

Wowwwww is this place awesome! I went back for a 2nd visit, it was that good.

I noticed this place by accident when laughing at the gelato sign for the business on the floor below it, and I'm glad I did.

On my 2nd visit, they had the chef come out to take my order, because he spoke English, so that was kind of cool. I tried a couple things, and everything was DELICIOUS! Friendly service, lots of smiles, decent prices. I wish I could go a 3rd time.

Try the spicy mock-beef skewers from the appetizer section!

The menu has English and pictures, which is super great.

I tried to ask the chef about whether everything was vegan or if they have dairy (there's a "no egg" symbol on the menu), and it turned into him thinking I was trying to order a glass of milk, so I can't tell you what % of items are actually vegan, but it seems like most are.

Pros: No meat, Super friendly

Return to Tibet Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A Lotus on the Water closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.