First Review by pheonix

Great Selection, but service and price - Edit

When this store opened it seemed excellent. However, on recent visits, both my friend and I feel that the owner and employees seem very busy with ordering or telephone business-- too busy for the customers in the store. Also, the prices are HIGH. The Peanut Mill in St. Catharines consistently prices lower than this store, and the salespeople are consistently not as knowledgeable. Since the bulk barn opened down the road they carry less standard items and teas, as they don't seem to want to compete with bulk barn. However, selection is great, especially for the size of the town, and I from a friend that they are great about special orders and competitive with special order pricing.

Pros: awesome selection, better special order prices

Cons: customer service, high prices

MY health food store - Edit

I love this store. It has a fair bit of veggie options and sells in bulk for organic grains/nuts/seeds. It's a pretty large health food store by Niagara region standards. They are the only store in the Niagara Area that carries Vegan Mac & Chreese . The staff is amazing. They have been so helpful from helping me pick out the right hemp protein powder to ordering in specialty items at no cost to me. They have a large selection of earth friendly body care as well as vitamins but the emphasis is on food here. They also offer organic meats and some organics produce (mostly potatos). I really recommend this store. The only problem for me is it's very far so I don't stop in that often. -Beaner

Pros: Good selection, Vegan Mac & Chreese, Amazing Staff

Cons: Location, some things pricey

Annie60 This store is great and everyone on the staff is great !! The girls try hard to accommodate everyone even going as far as special ordering items at customer's request, if at all possible. Everything is neat and tidy, the shelves are well stocked and nicely arranged. A smiling face always awaits the incoming people. My experience has been positive since the very beginning of time. Price wise yes, a little expensive ... but then again, we're not shopping at some giant retail store either. This is a speciality store with good clean name brands on vitamins, proteins, food, beauty products, etc. I hope they make it in this small town.

Return to Fort Erie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A Healthier You closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3543 times since Aug 2007.