A Corredoira

Contact n/a

Rua das Rodas, Santiago De Compostela, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cozy tapas bar near Porta do Camiñ, one of few choices for vegan tapas in Santiago de Compostela. Generous tapas come complimentary with drink purchase from 8-11pm. Let your waitstaff know you if are vegan/vegetarian. Also has a simple menu card with a variety of sandwiches and burgers, some of which are vegan suitable (falafel, tofu meatballs, falafel or tofu burger, vegan Spanish omelette, fries with garlic or spicy brava sauce). Mon-Sat 8:00pm-2:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by erichartnett24

I think I was slipped meat . . . - Edit

I was looking forward to going to this bar for a vegan meal as I had read that they had vegan options. When we walked in, we asked about which dishes were vegan straight away. We were given recommendations and ordered based on the information we were given. With our beers, were given a dish of pasta and what we thought were falafel balls, but I noticed that the "falalfel" balls tasted a bit too meaty to be falafel. Then the falalfel dish that we actually ordered arrived and was definitely different than what we had been given earlier. We were also recommended to try the patatas bravas, however the bravas sauce distinctly tasted like pig fat. I left angry and didn't have a chance to speak to anyone about it since the place was becoming busy. If you decide to go here, stress the fact that you are vegan, and double check when the food arrives, or just don't go.

Pros: staff friendly, a place for locals, centrally located

Cons: may give you meat by accident, may give you animal fat by accident, food isn't that good

Local Bar that suprisingly offers vegan food - Edit

only open at night, but the vegan tapas are always going to be a great way to begin your night in Santiago. They do have a small menu that I did not order from, they offer sandwiches and burgers which can be made vegan by request. It's a local bar where you throw peanuts on the floor and everyone is having a good time.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 07, 2013

Pros: vegan tapas, beer and peanuts, can get crowded with locals

Cons: not a place to sit down and eat dinner, can get crowded with locals

Return to Santiago De Compostela Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A Corredoira closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1624 times since Apr 2013.