A Colmeia

Contact +351-213470500

Rua da Emenda 110, 2nd floor, Chiado (at Metro: Baixa-Chiado), Lisbon, Portugal,

Upstairs restaurant with colorful tables. Location is hidden from the street, look for it. Offers several different dishes each day. Each main dish is accompanied by salad. Homestyle cooking. Mon-Fri 12:00pm-3:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Macrobiotic, Portuguese

First Review by Anna Vladi

Wonderful service - Edit

We wanted to keep going back just to see the wonderful woman who runs this place. The sweetest. We had a macrobiotic meal, plus seitan. We left full and had a really healthy feeling. Herbal tea, which you help yourself to, comes with the meal. We have tea made with the herb Savoury, and then some green tea.

Pros: Lovely service., Tasty macrobiotic meal plated up for you., Good value, and mostly vegan.

Cons: Difficult to find - it's on a side street, on the , Only open until 4pm, with last orders around 3pm o

An ok option - Edit

The lady serving the food was lovely and the food was alright. A combined plate, served with a small salad and tea (I am not sure if they serve alcohol).

Personally though, it was a bit too quiet for me. I didn't especially enjoy the atmosphere nor the food. It was just an ok option to have a cheap and quick lunch in the center.

Ah, and there was no vegan cake this time...sniff.

Pros: Lovely Service, Economic

Cons: Limited choices

nice place with a lot of vegan choice - Edit

I just ate a chocolate strawberry cake there. It was cheap (2€), vegan and fluffy. Great taste without lying in your stomach like a stone.
The lady in there was really nice, wouldn´t accept the tip and told me that they don´t use dairy, only cheese with their main dishes.

Pros: no dairy used, cheap, great cake

A great place in Lisbon - Edit

When I went to this restaurant, a couple of weeks ago, I found it empty. I must say, inexplicably empty.

The owner, Ema Martini, is incredibly nice and friendly. Apparently, this is the first vegetarian restaurant to ever open in Portugal. The food is great, and it is unbelievably cheap.

The location is also nice.

These are all the reasons why I would like to recommend this place. I hope you will find as pleasent as I did.

Pros: Good food, Friendly owner, Super cheap

veg lunch in Baixa - Edit

Quiet, nice, colorfull place at the first floor.

The cook/waitress/manager is a nice lady, who will sincerely welcome you in this quiet refuge just aside the crowded streets of Baixa quarter.

Food is good and price is vey afffordable, so you will overlook minor details.

Pros: price for value, central, really home made food

Cons: limited choice, a bit too much home made style

Warm place, warm people - Edit

I went there some years ago, i dont remember a lot, but i do remember to expect less from the place (some comments of friends or people in the street), and to be nicely suprised :) Good food, good price

Well hidden but worth your while - Edit

Once we found it between barrio alto and the shopping district and waited a little until the door was opened, we were pleasantly surprised. We were the only customers in a nicely coloured apartment. The food is mostly macrobiotic. There are a handful of daily dishes accompanied by a salad. If you're not fluent in portuguese communication is a bit difficult but the lady is extremely friendly. The food tasted very nice.

Pros: tasty, friendly, fresh ambiente

Cons: well hidden

surprise - Edit

Didnt expect a lot from this place. Didnt find any information or any reviews about it. When I was at the street, I even was not sure that the place exist. But as I have found it, I was very surprised. The place is located in small street, on the second floor. Nice lady serves the food. It is very home made. You have quite big choise and very nice food. She also had an apple tee. The lunch menu (inkl. main dish and salad, and magic apple tee) costs 9 euro.
It has two quite big sunny rooms with colorful tables. We did really enjoyed. And it felt special to be ampng those few people who know this place.

Pros: tiny, tasty, home made

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has A Colmeia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8019 times since Aug 2007.