First Review by vegan_ryan

CHANGED MENU for worse - Edit

This place changed the menu - no longer has english, no longer has dan dan noodles (what we went for), no longer has dumplings. It barely has any dishes, maybe 10 Chinese dishes that are hard to figure out what they are. The menu also has western food pages like spaghetti and lasagna which despite purporting to be a vegan restaurant looks an awfully lot like regular cheese.

good value & nice ambiance - Edit

I was surprised at the restaurants large area with a few different areas. Some tables are nice polished wood slabs. One section has books and magazines while another is more open-air. A third room for 6-8 people.

The folks were nothing short of super friendly and all even spoke at least some English.
Their menu is either on an I-pod mini in photos or an English menu. Prices were absolutely in line with a 2 star restaurant. The dishes were good and with a slight spicy kick.
The tofu was odd shaped and delicious. The dumplings were also nice with very little oil. They even gave me a free serving of porridge.
Lemon water was served and refilled continuously. I give it a good 3 stars for great service and good food with nice atmosphere. Got crowded on this Wednesday evening as well.

Pros: easy to find - right on

Pretty good - Edit

This was pretty easy to find and wasn't what I expected at all. It's like a retreat center/youth center...oh, and a restaurant.

The food was decent. The menu has pictures, which helps for non-Chinese-speakers, but the dumplings left a little to be desired. These were seaweed & spinach dumplings, not like normal dumplings, so they were OK but not great.

If I had more time, I'd go back and try something else.

Service was very friendly, though.

Pros: No meat, Friendly

Cons: Dumplings were mediocre

Return to Chengdu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 88 Vegetative LifeStyle Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.