701 Coffee

206-779-5482

701 23rd Ave, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98122

Coffee house est. 2015 offering vegan drinks and baked goods. Has soy, hemp, almond, coconut, and rice milk for coffee and chai. Baked good choices include vegan croissants, sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, bagels with flavored cashew spreads. Kitchen makes coconut yogurt, kefir, and cottage cheez. All vegan except dairy milk is now available for hot drinks on request since mid 2016. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by SarasMae

great for Omni friends, all vegan food, good for working - Edit

I've come here several times to work and have always enjoyed. So many options for food (savory and sweet) and really delicious interpretations of Omni favorites. I've had the tacos, burrito, baked goods...& definitely need to go back for more breakfast and try out some of those cinnamon rolls!

Best Vegan Food - Edit

Great Food, Great Service, Must try this place , Unbelievably Delicious!

701 Coffee - Edit

701 Coffee does not serve meat. All food is Vegan.

Soy is default for all drinks. Other alternative mylks: Hemp, Rice, Almond, Coconut.

Chai is made in-house.

Two breakfast burrito options: Buddha breakfast burrito; dill breakfast burrito.

In-house spreads for bagels...100% Vegan

Updated from previous review on 2016-01-05

no frills cafe - Edit

When I went here there was a very weird vibe .. I was super excited about the fact that it was a fully vegan cafe however was a bit confused when I walked in. Nothing really advertised that the cafe was vegan, so I had to ask just to make sure. The place itself wasn't very clean- there were crumbs on the table. There wasn't any music and the staff were polite, but didn't seem very enthusiastic. It was a very stale environment in my opinion. However, the food was a saving grace. I had one of the burritos, which took a while to come, but it was so delicious! My partner also got a few of the baked options which were very tasty as well. Would recommend if you are in the area and are hungry, but just don't expect a nice atmosphere.

Pros: tasty food, all vegan

Cons: weird vibe , slow service

SarasMae 25 Jan 2017 - We apologize if you felt unwelcome, we tend to have a pretty relaxed atmosphere here in our interaction wth guests. Our speaker system has been a bit trouble lately, but it's been taken care of.

We intentionally don't advertise as Vegan in the espresso shop since 90% of our customers are meat eaters, and we focus a lot of attention on using language meat eaters are used to hearing. All the food here is Vegan.

Many Blessings!

Sara Mae & Family

Yummy Coffee, Pastries and Lunch - Edit

This is a nice coffee shop with very good drinks, pastries and lunch items. The staff are friendly and helpful and the environment is small but comfortable. The prices are reasonable.

Pros: Yummy Drinks and Good Food, Friendly Staff and Comfortable Environment, Reasonable Priced

Cons: Limited Food Menu (yummy, though!)

SarasMae 25 Jan 2017 - Thanks for the review. We have expanded our menu recently. We are posting it here in the photo area.

Thanks for your support!

Sara Mae

Delicious & Adorable Cafe - Edit

The cheesy potato burrito is awesome and the owner was kind enough to give us a cashew cream cheese sample plate. You definitely get your money's worth here. They do unfortunately offer dairy milk for your coffee but customers have to specifically ask for it. Otherwise the default milk is either soy, almond, or hemp. If I wasn't from out of state I would come here often!

SarasMae 25 Jan 2017 - We are looking forward to the day when dairy is no longer an option. The requirement is that guests have to specifically request dairy because we don't actively promote it...soy is the default.

See you when you visit Seattle again!

Sara Mae & Family

Good food! - Edit

We got one of the breakfast burritos it was delicious! The staff was really nice they told us bye when we left! The menu wasn't very big and it kind of took a while for us to get our food but it was worth it.

Pros: good food, nice staff, affordable

Cons: not a big variety, service was kind of slow

SarasMae 02 Sep 2016 - We have be working on expanding our menu. Regular options that we have included now are chipotle sausage, smoked apple sausage, blueberry or strawberry cheese danish, empanadas...there is more coming to the selection.

Thanks for coming in, and we're thrilled you enjoyed your experience here. Next time you're in ask to sample outhouse made cheeses...sooo yummy.

Happy eating!

~Sara Mae

Totally a must if you're in Seattle - Edit

I'm from Canada, and i travel a LOT (i'm a pilot). I mostly eat Raw (95%) Vegan but when i do eat cooked vegan food i like it to be GOOD. 701 Coffee was Amazing! I had the Dill Breakfast Burrito and my friend had the Breakfast Bagel. The Americano's were also great as was the RIPE Mangoes and Bananas (not like most places that have unripe fruit). The owner was SO NICE! And the Atmosphere was great! I had work to do on the computer and there are big tables, big windows and free Wifi. Free parking on the street. I will come back here every time i'm in Seattle!

Pros: Food Quality / Flavour / Menu, Price / Value, Atmosphere

Cons: construction on the street (temporary)

Amazing! - Edit

I've been here a couple of times and it had always been a wonderful experience. One of my favorites here is the waffle with everything on it. The seasoned tofu strips on top make this waffle so delicious!!!

Pros: decent prices , amazing food, boardgames

SarasMae 24 Mar 2016 - We're excited to offer Chig'n & Waffle at our shop. Thanks for your support!

Thanks,

Sara Mae & Rakel

So Close - Edit

The breakfast burritos I had here beat all the others in Seattle. Unfortunately, when I was in, they were out of everything else. It's clearly a family-run business. They need to clean the place up, and keep items in stock. I'll go again. Hopefully they'll have all the amazing stuff I read on their menu.

Pros: Great Food

Cons: Not Clean, Out of Everything

SarasMae 24 Mar 2016 - Thanks for coming in, and enjoying our breakfast burrito.

Thanks for your post. We are working hard to make sure all items are on the menu at all times...we are hard at work resolving that, as well as other issues you have outlined in your post.

Be well,

Sara Mae & Rakel

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 701 Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.