5 Smakow

In December 2012 this restaurant changed from Amar to 5 Smaków (5 Tastes). It continues to serve all vegetarian food, with vegan options including desserts. Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Take-out, Polish

First Review by jonathancross

You Would leave this place full (not only from food!) - Edit

let's be honest, in Poland is not easy to be vegan or vegetarian, so let's be happy and grateful for every even small place, especially if the food is really delicious!

Cons: not expensive at all!

Eat more pancakes! - Edit

This is a good place with many vegan options! Very nice potatoe pancakes, the vegan version comes with "vegetable goulash" (ratatouille, in fact). Other dishes include pasta, salads, soups and cakes. I did not try the cakes, I do not even know if they were vegan. As it is customary in Poland, lots of side dishes are available, which means it is easy to modify your meal to your liking. Very friendly waitress, good atmosphere. The area surrounding the restaurant is one of my favourites in Szczecin, with lots of Gründerzeit-buildings. Check out the old pharmacy-building (aptek) at the end of the street at the square Grunwaldski, for example.
I would have been happy to have a beer with my lunch, but there was only alcohol-free Bavaria. Also, the portions were a bit on the small side, but that can be fixed relatively easy with a cheap side dish.
A funny detail: the chairs are made from extremely heavy wood. An elephant could sit on one of those without any fear of breaking it.

Pros: Good taste, Friendly waitress, potatoe pancakes

Cons: portions a bit small

Good taste but very small portions - Edit

I went with my daughter and our hosts to eat a late lunch there. We where hungry and very disapointed about the small portions. We had 3 x gulash with seitan and 1 x falaffel dish. I alone could have eaten the 4 dishes and I'm a normal eater. It was not expensive but not really worth it. At home I prepared some more food.

Pros: Good taste

Cons: Rediculous portions

Tasty, Vegan food in Szczecin? - Edit

I and my two companions were quite excited to find this place while waiting for a connecting train in Szczecin.
With walking and a random tram ride, it took about 20 minutes to get there from ther train station.
The woman working there was nice and we were told that everything was vegan, but not 100% sure. Liked the traditional Polish foods sans animal products. We ate a lot and it came out to about 4 euros each (after we pointed out a rather large error on the bill :-)

Yes, great place, but check your receipt.

Pros: Good, hearty portions, friendly, traditional

Cons: overcharged

Return to Szczecin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 5 Smakow closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1815 times since Aug 2007.