First Review by

Buyer Beware - Edit

I've shopped here many times, when in the area. This year my boyfriend had a SEVERE allergic reaction and could scarcely breathe after eating the raw vegan mozzeralla sticks. We know he is allergic to Brazil nuts and never buy anything with them. Often, if they are used in the kitchen that day, we also refrain from purchases.

We checked and double checked - no Brazil nuts in anything we bought. Finally I called and after speaking with 4 people, learned that a substitution had been made. No label change (which is illegal).

None of the people I spoke with offered an apology. I wrote a letter to store and never even got a response. This is painful.

Has 4th Generation gone from Happy Cow to Cash Cow?

If not for this situation, I would give it the highest rating. They are a cute little store with reasonable prices and a decent selection (especially for raw vegans).

Amazing taste, variety and service! - Edit

We ordered a tuna melt, veggie wrap and Heart Chakra smoothie. All were amazing! The ingredients were fresh and each order was prepared from scratch. Everything was delish! We also peeked at the market section, and were pleasantly surprised at the variety and quality of the items in stock. We will be back soon!

Pros: Fresh ingredients , Variety, Good quality

Cons: Can get crowded, Order takes longer than expected

My favorite place to eat in South Florida - Edit

I love this place. It's an organic market with a little cafe inside that serves some amazing food. They'll let you try anything so don't be shy and ask. They have several options to buy stuff by the pounds...kale salads, beet salads, mock tuna...healthier versions of foods you might find at your typical deli. Get the vegan Reuben and thank me later. It's a classic and it's one of the best (maybe THE best) I've ever had. The desserts are ridiculously good here as well. All are vegan, most are gluten free. The brownies are the BEST!

Highly recommend you coming here...whether you need to pick up a few things for home or just want to have lunch.

Pros: Great food, Awesome service

Cons: A little expensive

Great quick bite or take out! - Edit

Once I found this market, I ate here twice in one weekend. It's almost entirely organic too. I absolutely loved the Tempeh Reuben. Also brilliant was the tofu "egg" salad. The cafe in the back has a large case of cold vegan foods for take out or that they can make into hot panini sandwiches at the cafe. The cafe is not cozy. It's clean, but not somewhere you will drink coffee and linger. The hot case also has many vegan foods but some meats also. The dessert case was vegan and raw friendly. They also have vegan soups, juices, and smoothies. Beware: the grocery sells meat, fish, and dairy. I was surprised the grocery potion did not contain more vegan options (example: only a few cheese alternatives), but the cafe is definitely worth visiting.

Pros: Delicious , Lots of vegan options

Cons: Ambience, A little pricey

4th Generation - Edit

This place has an amazing cafe in the back. They have quite the variety of prepared vegan hot foods and desserts. They aren't exclusively vegan so it is surprising that they have such a large variety of vegan options. The employees here are extremely friendly and will let you sample everything. I crave the vegan Reuben which is made with seitan, they don't use vegan cheese on it but you won't miss it. The selection of fresh baked vegan desserts is HUGE and since you can try everything you will be sure to find something. They do have fresh juice but I haven't had it, looks like they will make you anything though. There are a few tables so you can eat there and it is a very friendly environment.
Updated from previous review on Monday November 19, 2012
Updated from previous review on Thursday January 10, 2013

Pros: variety, quality, friendly staff

Cons: price

Wonderful Food - Edit

I love this place. Great assortment of 100% ORGANIC and many raw, diary free and vegan organic foods. Love the cauliflower tabbouleh, lentil soup, zucchini pasta, raw pizza, sweet potato enchiladas and turkey chili. HTe staff is nice and they will let you sample any of the foods to see if you like them. Great juice bar, sandwiches and nice produce too. Produce is a little expensive but they do have in-store specials and also monthly cooking classes which are free. I eat a 95+% organic diet so this is important to me.There are many vegetarian and raw restaurants popping up but if they serve veggies and fruit grown with pesticides, you are not eating healthy - so what is the point?

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy

Cons: Pricey but worth it

Vegan & Raw fresh & prepared foods - Edit

It's easy to not know or forget about 4th generation, since it's unassumingly small, but it's right on federal in east boca. The market is fairly small, and the prices similar to WF, but the best part is really the cafe in the back. Lots of vegan and raw food options and prepared foods and salads. There is a little bit of seating, if you pop in for a quick meal, and there are many things I have yet to try that have been recommended by others. Definitely worth checking out!

see my full review here: http://cameraphonevegan.com/2011/06/11/4th-generation-organic-market-boca-raton/

Pros: raw options, vegan options, organic

Cons: slightly pricey

Great little store! - Edit

When I'm travelling, I usually stop at the local health food store trying to find some vegan take out. 4th Generation Market is one of the best! Lots of hot and cold options in the deli. Fresh produce and snacks on the store shelves. It's heaven! And you must try the raw sweet potato enchiladas. Yum!

Pros: Excellent Dining Options, Helpful Staff

New at 4th - Edit

I also love 4th Generation...they happily share their prepared foods so you can try before you buy! Don't miss the cashew cheese- raw vegan. They are in the midst of building a nicer area to sit and eat. It will be great and become a more social place as well as offering wonderful produce and excellent prepared foods(they do have chicken on the menu).

Cons: meat/chicken on the menu

Best Vegan / Vegetarian Food in Boca Raton - Edit

4th Generation should be your first stop in Boca if you are vegan or vegetarian.

They have a wide selection of freshly prepared vegetarian, vegan and raw vegan foods. They have excellent desserts and smoothies, too.

The shop is very clean and welcoming, run by a very friendly family. In addition to the fresh prepared foods, the store is stocked with all sorts of healthy snacks and fresh produce.

If you are into healthy, organic food, you can probably skip whole foods and do all your shopping here.

Vegan nirvana! - Edit

With a friendly staff and caring owners, family-owned 4th Generation Organic Market offers organically-minded vegans, vegetarians and raw foodists more than the standard one-or-two-options-IF-you-substitute-this-and-leave-out-that experience I find in most eateries... and only minutes from my home! Create a sampler plate mixing delicious raw, organic and vegan prepared foods from the hot bar and cold deli case and dinner is served. Highly recommended are the vegan eggplant parmigiana, raw vegan pesto "pasta", eggless egg salad (!!!), mock tuna and raw falafel. The veggie burger and vegan soups are fantastic. When you're ready for dessert, choose from vegan macaroons or the incredible (and I mean incredible) apple cobbler. The best part: all of these delights can be purchased by the pound and taken home to enjoy... and I haven't even mentioned the selection of fresh produce and other organic goodies available in the grocery section. For me today, happiness is 4th Generation Organic Market in Boca Raton!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Cons: limited seating

I love this place!!! - Edit

4th Generation is exactly what Boca needed.
I cannot say enough about this little goldmine!
The food is amazing & so is the super friendly staff.
You will feel right at home... Go there soon!!!

Pros: Great produce & prepared food, Great Staff, Wonderful ambiance

LOVE 4th Generation Organic Market !! - Edit

I was anxiously awaiting the opening of 4th Generation and was blown away when they finally opened their doors. Awesome takeout, great variety of organic raw food and juices made fresh every day. Friendly and knowledgeable staff including an experienced vegan chef. 4th Generation will exceed your expectations.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great location

Return to Boca Raton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 4th Generation Organic Market - East closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4133 times since Apr 2009.