47 Yonnana

06-65830458

2-12-2-2F, Honden, Nishiku, Osaka, Japan, 550-0022

Quiet and cozy nostalgic jazz bar style vegetarian cafe. Menu includes food like Indonesian nasi goreng, couscous with vegetables, and soy fried chicken. Sells some natural and organic foods, cosmetics, CDs. Nearest subway station is Kujo. Note: In Japan kitchens often stop serving 30-60 minutes before closing time. Call ahead to confirm. Open Wed-Sat 6:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion

First Review by Vegeiko

Great food and friendly service - Edit

On our trip to Osaka, we found ourselves staying very close to Kujo station and so decided we had to have dinner here. It was a wonderful experience all around: as the menu was in Japanese only, we arranged with our host for a set course mea.l. Cue successive dishes of salads, pickles, and hot dishes, all of which proved delicious. The red wine also went well with the food, and the space itself was cosy, with lots of wood and comfortable armchairs. Very highly recommended.

And just a quick note in response to a review above, which talked about the red light district. As I mentioned, we were staying in the area, and our street also featured several storefronts which may well have been involved in the sex trade. However, this in no way felt threatening even when I was on my own, throughout our stay of several days - and for what its's worth, I mention this as a single woman. (Also for what it's worth, we saw a couple with a stroller on our evening walk to the restaurant.) It's also quite conveniently located on the Chuo line.

Pros: excellent food, personal service, good space

Cons: menu in Japanese only

Long waits for your food - Edit

A 10 minute walk from Kujo Station near Osaka Dome.

A cute cafe on the third floor that doubles as a jazz bar with live performances periodically (4000yen). Open until midnight, so one of the few vegetarian options late at night.

The side salad was wonderful and would probably be what I order as a main dish if I am ever in this area again. The veggie burger was passable considering the dinner set was only 1000yen.

What might prevent me from returning again is the terribly slow service. A meal that typically takes me five minutes to prepare at home required a 45 minute wait. The next table had an equally odd experience, considering the place was mostly empty. The suspicious part of me wonders if it was so we would order more drinks.

A bit of warning for women traveling alone is that you walk through a major red light district from the subway. There is no attempt to conceal what services are being offered as women are prominently displayed behind the open doors in their "uniforms"

Pros: cute layout, late hours, fair prices

Cons: remote area, slow service

Groovy, chic vegetarian bar - Edit

I had vegetarian Cous Cous with Ratatouille and soy fried chicken. Just fantastic!!

The place opens until midnight... Only place in Osaka to be opened that late for a vegetarians...

Bit far from the station, you might want to get a cab and tell the driver the address.

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 47 Yonnana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.