CLOSED: 40 Cafe

89 Sharp St, Cooma, New South Wales, 2630

Serves meat, vegan options available. 40 Cafe offers locally sourced and mostly organic food catering also to special diets, vegans, and vegetarians. Relaxed atmosphere. Owners are vegans who supports various charities including PETA, Animals Australia, Compassion Australia, ONE, RED, EDUN and sponsor a child in Uganda. NOV 2014 WEBPAGE, FB NO LONGER.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, British, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by JaimieCS

Oasis - Edit

We stopped in for a late lunch on the way to a long weekend holiday and what a pleasant find it was in the middle of a country town. We both had Vegan Funky Pies - they were fantastic and after discovering that some of their desserts were vegan we had dessert too! Very very yummy! We enjoyed it so much we stopped in on our return journey home! I can highly recommend a visit! Oh and even better they don't charge extra for soy in coffees!

Pros: welcoming atmosphere, vegan suitable baked goods

Cons: more vegan hot options would be good

40 Cafe - Edit

If you're traveling through to Threadbo, make this your meal stop.

Nimitabel is in the middle of nowhere, and it was incredibly refreshing to find somewhere (after a week of steamed vegies and chips at pubs while my friend ate steak) that had actual vegan food.

The staff are super friendly and the prices aren't higher than you'd expect. I had the stuffed capsicum and it was delicious.

There are quite a few vege options and the chef is happy to make anything vegan. They sell vegan cakes etc. too.

Return to Cooma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: 40 Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.