CLOSED: 31 Restaurant

Contact 088-3164713

13/4 Chaofah Road, Krabi, Thailand, 81000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Simple restaurant offering fresh food on a main street. Has pictures of dishes on the wall. One menu page with around 15 dishes is dedicated to vegetarian Thai food with each dish from 60 to 85 bhat. The cook/owner speaks English. FEB 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Western, Non-veg

First Review by EcoWarrior

Solid option. - Edit

Visited here yesterday and enjoyed the food. We ordered the veggie fried rice and the pad thai and it cost around £3 for both. They were happy to leave out oyster / fish sauce / egg etc but the woman running the place did seem to get quite cross at our suggestion that she would put egg in the Pad Thai in the first place, I wish my Thai was better as I worry I offended her.

Great variety, cheap and tasty - Edit

After finally finding this place by accident a day after trying initially (either I'm bad with maps or the map is wrong) we have eaten there 6 times already for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Still loads we haven't tried and its tasty and cheap. The fruit drinks are fresh, try the papaya and orange - it's amazing. They also use real cheese here, not the plastic version, so the Tofu and cheese burger (on Ciabatta) was yummy. It is located near the night market by the old ferry dock. If looking up the hill (before the elephant round-a-bout), instead of turning left to go to the ferry, turn right and it is up that street on your left. Lovely ladies that speak decent English, and a jolly fat cat who likes scooter baskets. Enjoy!

Pros: Cheap, Lots of Variety, tasty

Friendly staff and freshly cooked food - Edit

My daughter and I ate here x 2. Nice atmosphere and tasty food. They had quite an extensive vegetarian and vegan menu.
I had a really tasty curry with coconut sauce and rice one night and a great green Thai curry the next night.
This was the best restaurant we found in Krabi for eating in the evening. The women running the restaurant are really helpful and friendly.

Pros: tasty food, not too expensive

Cons: fans fairly ineffective

typical tourist restaurant - Edit

Nothing special. Typical tourist restaurant with typical menue and prices. You can also go to the neighbor restaurants (maybe you have to ask for vegan and you will get what you want). All the same menue, taste and prices.

Pros: vegan option available, english speaking staff

Cons: nothing special

Good food good price - Edit

Very good phad thai! Also the mixed fruit shake is really good. Prices were around 2 dollars for mains. The lady who runs it was nice enough, although seemed to get offended when I wanted to make sure the phad thai came without egg as I am vegan. Her English was very good though.

Pros: Cheap, Good food, Good selection

My favorite restaurant in Krabi - Edit

From my partial knowledge of Krabi's restaurants this is the best value for money:
The food is 100% fresh and cooked on order, tasty (try the fried rice with cashew nuts and pineapple), most dishes (if not all) on the 'vegetarian' menu page are vegan, the owner is always smiling, and she understands English well so you are welcome to ask details on recipes and ask for special meal.

There's also veg western food (pasta, french fries...), yet relatively expensive. Anyway there's no reason ppl wouldn't have Thai food in Thailand!

Pros: Excellent food, Service, Vegetarian menu is (practically) vegan

Cons: Not spicy (or authentic) enough, Rather small portions, Could have dishes starting from THB 50

Return to Krabi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: 31 Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1550 times since Mar 2013.