3 Brothers Vegan Cafe

Contact 631-464-4328

1038 Montauk Hwy (at Long Island), Copiague, New York, USA, 11726

Opened Jul 31, 2015 by one of the owners of 3 Brothers Pizza Cafe, this is the all-vegan version. Specializes in wood-fired brick oven pizza alongside other veganized versions dishes like pasta and hoagies. Open Wed-Sun 4:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Italian, Take-out

First Review by slo0go

second time I've been there - Edit

Wonderful and delightful.
Clean and fresh looking inside. The outside is very deceiving.
The staff was very attentive. The menu has so much to choose from.
We ordered appetizers both times and they were wonderful!!!!!
Cooked perfectly. Entrees also so delicious!! And 5 stars for the desserts.
Looking forward to going back. My new favorite place

Pros: excellant food, good value, friendly staff

Boiling and disappointing - Edit

Our experience was very disappointing . The air conditioning was not working and because it was a hot summer afternoon it was extremely uncomfortable. You would expect the restaurant staff to be apologetic but instead they lied and told us that the air conditioning was on but it takes time for it to work. We know they lied because an hour later the restaurant was still unbearably hot. As we were leaving they did not even say sorry and thank you for putting up with the heat.
The food overall is good - being a vegan I was very excited to try 3 Brothers - the Caesar Kale Salad and Buffalo cauliflower appetizers were excellent. The bread and butter are delicious. They make their own mozzarella and ricotta cheeses and they r very good There were limited gluten free choices
For an Italian restaurant, the sauces were lacking
I am familiar with their other restaurant and hoped this one would expand their menu
However, it is almost identical
Felt menu needed updating and could b more creative and interesting
Staff unfriendly and unhelpful
Never asked if we had any questions or anything
Overall, not a good experience and can not recommend this restaurant

Pros: Good appetizers

Cons: Bad service and insanely hot

From Pennsylvania - Edit

Found this little gem using happy cow when I was in Long Island. Great menu. Had the Bianca pizza. Phenomenal. My mom had the Reuben. I had 3 slices of my pizza and half of her sandwich.

Pros: Great selection from the menu, Great food, Friendly staff

Cons: Small ( not a lot of seating ), Doesn't open until 4pm

Fantastic - Edit

My girlfriend and I love going to this place whenever we happen to be in the neighborhood...and sometimes maybe making ourselves be in the neighborhood.

Pros: everything is delicious

Cons: suffer from slow service time-to-time

A most excellent Cafe - Edit

3 Brothers is a very nice place, clean and great atmosphere excellent food. I am from out of towm I found this little gem on Happy Cow. As a vegan I get worried when I travel but 3 Brothers did not disapoint a nice full menu with great deserts.It was so good we went twice. The staff was friendly Emily was our server both times and was very pleasant. The place fills up quickly but we did not have to wait. I highly recommnend going. They also have another location that serves a vegan brunch on weekends which also is very good.

Pros: Great big menu, Fairly Priced, Yummy Deserts

Cons: Parking is a little tight, Only 1 Bathroom

Long Island's First All Vegan Restaurant - Edit

It's difficult to find vegan Italian food, and I can only think of one Italian restaurant in Manhattan that has vegan dishes. I was very excited to try 3 Brothers.

We ordered family style: appetizers (the aranciata, calamari, mozzarella sticks, and the eggplant rollatini), pizzas (bianca and buffalo seitan), and pasta (baked ziti and vegetable lasagna). I haven't had a mozzarella stick in many years. These mozzarella sticks are thin but the cashew-based cheese is so creamy in flavor. The calamari, made of mushrooms, was absolutely to die for. The texture and flavor were just like the real deal, as was the tartar sauce. The aranciata are fried to a crisp on the outside but very creamy on the inside. The rollatini had an amazing vegan ricotta that blew my veg and non-veg friends away.

The pasta dishes came out next and they were also very good! Though the portions aren't the hugest, the quality is exceptional and justifies the price. The vegan cheeses that the restaurant uses are so rich.

The pizzas came out last. The bianca was excellent. It had vegan mozzarella, vegan ricotta, spinach, and tons of garlic. I have not had a pizza like that since going vegan - nothing can really compare to it. The buffalo pizza was also very good but some of my dining companions found the buffalo sauce to be overpowering, which is to be expected.

Lastly, we indulged and ordered a slice of the pistachio cake. There was quite a variety of cakes that were all billed as homemade, and they all looked amazing. The slice was covered in pistachios, and was very tasty (not too sweet).

My dining companions agreed that the food here was excellent. However, the service really left something to be desired. To be fair, this may be because it was second day the restaurant was open. We were a party of five and we were repeatedly given different, inaccurate waiting times. Later, we were told that our names somehow had not made it on the waiting list. There were two tables for four that sat vacant, and we were eventually seated at one of them, after waiting at least 30 minutes. The wait was atrocious.

The service seemed slow and uncoordinated. We were surprised the pizzas came out after the pasta dishes, and surmise that the staff forgot about our pizzas because they acted like we were done after bussing the pasta dishes. We spent 2.5 hours on a 1.25 hour meal.

Nevertheless, the food here is amazing and worth the trip. And the service should hopefully improve with time.

Pros: Vegan Italian!, Vegan on Long Island!, Absolutely delicious!

Cons: Slow service

Return to Copiague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 3 Brothers Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.