3 Brothers Pizza Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 516-755-1100

75 Merritts Rd (at Long Island), Farmingdale, New York, USA, 11735

Serves meat, vegan options available. The second 3 Brothers brick oven pizzeria, opened Jan 2013. Upon request offers a separate full vegan menu created by one of the sons, Jay. Features many vegan items from vegan cheese on pizza to pasta and Italian entrees. Also offers a weekend vegan brunch 11am-3pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Jess McNeill

Welcome change - Edit

Sometimes going out to eat I get tired of Indian food or ordering salads. 3 Brothers, with a number of different Italian selections at both of their locations is a welcome alternative on Long Island.

Great selection - Edit

Huge selection of vegan food! I enjoy everything I order (although I do refrain from getting their pizza. They use Daiya cheese which I think is gross in large amounts. Not bad sprinkled on top of pasta dishes. Follow Your Heart cheese is so much better). But despite that, the food is absolutely incredible. My favorite is the buffalo drumsticks with bleu cheese. The fried drumsticks are excellent as is the crabcakes, eggplant rollatini, and seitan parm. Their desserts are amazing (they hand make some of them, and also sell desserts from Vegan Treats which is one of the best vegan dessert places on the east coast). I will come here evrey time I'm in Long Island. Definitely worth trying!

Pros: Fast Service, Huge Selection, Great food!

Cons: Uses Daiya cheese (yuck!), Serves non-vegan food

amazing! - Edit

Great selection, pizzas were delicious. I got the grandma and asked for it with seitan meatballs and the tofu ricotta. Outrageous!! :). We ordered way too much and I'm so happy we did so we had leftovers. Pizzas are very well priced. My husband and I plan on getting two smalls to eat there next time and one to go. Also had mozz stick and they were very yummy. I will make the trip here again even though it's a little far because not only was the food great but the staff was great as well.

Nice to have a vegan pizza place on LI! - Edit

It's nice to know there's a place where I can get a vegan meal when I visit Long Island. Their oyster mushrooms scampi is my favorite (no longer on the menu as an appetizer, but they have made it special for me when I ask). Try the eggplant rollatini stuffed with cashew cheese - also very good. The portions are large - I usually get appetizers. Soups are quite good, as are the desserts, but they don't always have much of selection. Last time I was there I has the carrot cake and it was really delicious - not too sweet, and very moist.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 17, 2015

Pros: separate vegan menu, decent sized portions, great Italian vegan food

Cons: limited parking, small dining area

Delicioso! - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants ever. They have an entire menu that is vegan and I love bringing omnivores here to blow their mind with amazing vegan food!
I have tried nearly everything on the menu and my favorite things are the eggplant rollatini, caesar salad, the works pizza, sausage & pepper roll, and of course the delicious cake they get from Vegan Treats!
From an Italian standpoint, their food is on point. Their sauce is also perfect!

Pros: Delicious vegan Italian food, Friendly & knowledgable staff, Great hours

Cons: Portions have shrunk in the past few yrs, Small dining area, Not a lot of parking

Vegan Friendly on Long Island - Edit

I love everything I have ever ordered from this place! Great food! They have scrumptious desserts from Vegan Treats. I'm hoping that they'll decide to go completely vegan!

Pros: Great Food, Great Desserts, Attentive Service

Awesome place - Edit

I love this place. Every time I've gone the service and the food are both excellent. Being a creature of habit, I tend to get the same thing each time I go, so I've only had the vegan cheese pizza and the vegan meatball hero, but man are they both good!

Go go go to this place. I'm telling you, it's really, really good :)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 20, 2013

Thank Goodness for VEGAN options on Long Island - Edit

I visit this location at least once a month, if not more. I am vegan along with my mother and 20 month old son. My husband is a MEAT-EATER! (GASP!)

So this place has an entire regular italian menu and an entire vegan menu with lots of gluten-free options. My uncle stops here for regular slices all the time and likes it a lot. They also have vegan slices and we get slices to go anytime we drive by here on the way home. Vegan brunch on weekends. its great!

Here's the vegan stuff I've tried so far:
zucchini sticks: too much breading but ok
eggplant rollatini: freaking ridiculously amazing. This is my go-to dish. its the BEST!
lasagne: eh, a little mushy wit lots of veg and the sauce is great. Prob wouldn't order this again.
Bianca pizza: another favorite. has spinach. I LOVE it.
gluten free pizza crust: thin and it has been overcooked before. I would go for the reg thin crust if you are able to have gluten.
Gluten free pasta: pretty good. Tastes close to the original
Mac and Cheese: baby loved it
Penne Alla vodka: O.M.G. good.
Grandma Pizza: yum
BBQ pizza: yes please. thank you.
French toast: baby loved it
pancakes: better than I can make at home.

The service is hit or miss, but thats not a dealbreaker for me. I always call ahead if we have more than 2 people because the place is SUPER small and many times there are large parties taking up multiple tables.

Go HERE. Its worth it!! We will be back! Woohoo!!!

Pros: So Many Options!, resservations, vegan pizza slices

Cons: small seating area, untrained staff

Return to Farmingdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 3 Brothers Pizza Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1562 times since Mar 2013.