First Review by tablemoonspoons

Great find! - Edit

Having recently moved into PLG in Brooklyn I have been using my Happy Cow app to find places to eat nearby that have vegan options.
24 Scoops showed up as just such a place.
Although I have only stopped in to enjoy a variety of vegan "ice creams" which have been wonderful, I fully intend on trying a cooked meal to go.
This is a take out location, not a restaurant. Not pretty but the man who owns the place and does all the cooking is a character and is committed to cooking without harm to living animals.
I believe he cooks basically one specialty meal a day so hopefully it fits your taste bud needs.
Worse case, just eat lots of "ice cream!!"

Pros: Food in PLG that offers vegan food and ice cream

Cons: Not a pretty location, really a whole in the wall

horrible experience - Edit

I walked into this restaurant and there weren't any other customers. The two people behind the counter looked at me and one of them said hello in a very uninterested way and then they both ignored me. I stood there for several minutes waiting for one of them to wait on me but they just ignored me so I walked out. The main reason I came was for the vegan ice cream and it turns out their vegan ice cream is simply the tofutti brand which i can buy in many stores and isn't that special.

Cons: rude service, store bought ice cream

Very Good Food - Edit

Very good food at the counter which you can see and choose. They dish it out for you. I had several of the items. This brief review applies to all 3 of the restaurants that I tried - Strictly Vegetarian, Scoops, and Four Seasons. The owners and operators are from the islands, and their food is all very similar.

Great! - Edit

Cannot believe this place was just down the road and that I didn't find out till my second to last day in Brooklyn. It is just called Scoops and located on the other side of the road to where the map indicates. Food quality is great, very hearty meal. I just managed an ice cream afterwards and it was good also (vegan ice cream). Rasta jamaican style food and although there's only two stools to sit inside, has a great vibe that is essentially what I love about Brooklyn. The owner is a cool dude. Didn't seem very busy; hope he has regulars that keeps business coming in.

Pros: Quality, Hearty

Grass Root's Inspiration - Edit

The chef at this restaurant is a natural! I have eaten at vegetarian restaurants all over the world and his food is world class. Such great use of flavors and the food always has life. Never greasy and he is immaculate while preparing the food.

Pros: great price, close to trains, awesome food

Cons: too small

awesome vegan ice cream! - Edit

ah, how has no one else review this place?!? its a worth a trip out here on a nice summer day. its a jamaican type of place and i think they usually have some real food prepared too, so get your ice cream and walk over to the nearby park and subway station. i also think there is a some sort of (maybe jamiacan) veg place across the street, maybe go there and have this for dessert, but totally make it out here for a wide variety of vegan ice cream... like pistachio!!! i have not had that for ice cream in like 10 years!!!!

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 24 Scoops and Plates closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9978 times since Oct 2007.