222 Veggie Vegan

+44-20-73812322

222 North End Road, West Kensington, West London, England, W14 9NU

Casual vegan restaurant. See website for menu and directions. Lunch is buffet, dinner is a la carte. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by MrFalafel

Too small for all its customers - Edit

We ate here on a Saturday afternoon, which I guess we should have known that it would be crowded, but really! There were people on top of us, brushing past us while we were sitting, and it was really uncomfortable. They've squeezed way too many tables into a small area. So if you want to try the very good food, arrive either early or late when the crowd thins out. A very good vegan buffet is on offer, with many dishes, all good. We'll be back if we're in the area.

Pros: Good food., Attentive staff., Reasonable prices

Cons: Super crowded at lunchtime.

Pretty amazing!! - Edit

Ok so our food was finger licking good from start to finish. We had starters, main and dessert and everything was fantastic. Portions were good size, well presented and the service was excellent and very fast. I highly recommend the raclette for the main!

Pros: Delicious food, decent size portions, great servic

Cons: None!

very good place - Edit

The food is healthy, with a lot of vegetables.
It is not in the center, but worth the trip.
We came for the buffet and like everything. Every vegan must try it

Good food and portion size - Edit

Tasted good and there was a lot of choice. I had a stroganoff which was lovely.

Amazing vegan food - Edit

This has got to be my favourite vegan restaurant in London. The choice of food is great and the lunch buffet is not to be missed. Make sure you try the chickpea curry and the stroganoff, and save room for one of the scrumptious desserts!

Pros: Stroganoff, Lunch buffet

Vegan Heaven. - Edit

My favorite vegan place in London. Has takeaway option, but I've always eaten in. Not to far from tube stations, and a few doors down from a great little vegan food shop, GreenBay.

The buffet is fantastic, for the price, I can never get through more than two plates, though I try. However I always find room for a desert. The chocolate fudge cake is my fav, with blueberry ice cream (Literally tastes like blueberry muffin in ice cream form)

The basics of the buffet are a curry, usually chickpea and veg, a grain; quinoa or rice, and variations of vegetable dishes including some sort of root veg; white/sweet potato wedges, sometimes baked plantain. Plus vegan quiche like tart (Half my plate is this tart, it is so good) and different salads.

The bulk is quite healthy. Though they do use oil, the majority are balanced full of good ingredients.

The lady who works out front (Or at least has worked out front the several times I've been) is super lovely, polite and helpful with questions. You can see into the kitchen, which looks clean, with chefs working to replenish the dishes as they disappear.

I have visited with a group, and by myself, and have felt comfortable and welcome both ways.

Pros: Great food., Great price., Lovely staff.

Delicious lunch buffet - Edit

There were around five different main dishes and a few salads available at the buffet, no desserts. Especially the broccoli curry and the Mediterranean bean salad were extremely yummy.
The restaurant itself is quite small what could be uncomfortable for you if you like a lot of privacy when eating.
Around 10£ for the buffet.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-15

Pros: excellent food, nice atmosphere, good price

Cons: quite small

Wonderful dessert - Edit

Get the pancake for dessert! It's delicious! Also, my brother had the ice cream and he's not a vegan and said it's better than dairy ice cream!

Beautiful beautiful beautiful - Edit

Amazing place. Get there early in the weekend to nab a table. Very tasty, well thought out menu and the desserts are to die for!

Fantastic lunch buffet! - Edit

I love this place and will make a point of going back next time I'm in London!

Pros: All vegan; mostly gluten-free, lots of choice & very nice dishes in buffet, friendly staff

Fantastic dinner a la carte - Edit

This place has some incredible food. Ben’s Special and Seitan Stroganoff were both incredible. The seitan here is very well made and prepared. The desserts were off the charts, and I highly recommend you save some room! The staff was also friendly, courteous, and fast.

Pros: Lots of choice, Dessert Menu , Lunch Buffet available

Large portions, good value, busy. - Edit

Nice choice of dishes but my raw salad was swimming in dressing, more like a soup. It was very busy so service wasn't the fastest but they were friendly.

Pros: It's all vegan!

Cons: Quite heavy food.

Friendly place but nothing exceptional - Edit

Popular restaurant between Hammersmith and Fulham. Offers a lunch buffet for less than 10 pounds. Reasonable range of food, it seems to be not so greasy as many other buffet places (good thing!).
You can order tap water for free or something else to drink for few additional pounds. Desserts also are not included in the buffet price. However, the desserts they provide are worth the about five Pounds they Charge, as far as I am concerned. (Also, that (desserts and beverages) are mainly what they made profit from, so it is generally a good thing to support them in this respect.)
Although 222 isn't that small, it gets crowded and busy all the time at lunch hours. I remember passing by twice a year ago and deciding to go somewhere else since there already had been people waiting outside for a free table.
Accordingly service can be a bit slow sometimes. The staff seemed to be overwhelmed at times.
Apart from that there is nothing bad to say really. 222 Veggie Vegan is a very good option, especially as you are hungry and want to fill your belly.

Pros: good value

Cons: lack of space

Vegan paradise - Edit

Great food, accommodating waitstaff, intimate and cozy dining space. A definite culinary experience you do not want to miss.

Pros: all vegan, friendly waitstaff

Cons: service not rushed, so not really a con

DEFINITELY my very favourite vegan restaurant - Edit

It's a shame 222 somehow isn't easy to find on the Happy Cow site for London. First of all I wish to stress that although it seems a little out of the way, my daughter and I walked there for lunch from South Kensington and it was a most pleasant walk along the Old Brompton Rd. The food was beautiful: lunch buffet (both hot and cold) for just under £ 10.00 (eat as much as you wish). My favourite was the bite-sized G-F spinach pizzas. My daughter had soup as a starter and I had a freshly squeezed juice. Our waitress was delightful and I followed her recommendation of the raw choc. cake as a desert. I read that some reviewers complain about the desert not being incl. in the buffet: I wonder where those people usually eat? For London, the prices of 222 are extremely reasonable and considering all the food is freshly prepared and à volonté, the price they charge for the buffet is incredibly cheap. And after all, not everyone wants to have dessert...although I'd recommend them. Considering a lot of veggie restaurants don't offer a great choice of vegan dessert, this is the one place to indulge! This was a special occasion as my daughter and I don't see each other often (she lives on Ibiza and I in Spain). So we stayed chatting over lunch and although the restaurant was busy (thank goodness) unlike some reviewers, I didn't feel the space felt cramped.

Pros: Wonderful food, delicious vegan desserts, wonderful staff

Cons: None whatsoever.

amazing food - Edit

Been here as a takeaway and for lunch buffet. Amazing food and great prices. Staff are warm and friendly.

exceptional food! - Edit

The food here is amazing! You have to be patient as everything is prepared fresh but sooo worth the wait! Myself and my son love this place. He has taken his dad there several times who is a meat eater and always wants to eat here when he visits. The Bens special is excellent and I love the pancake for desert!

Dream Place - Edit

Once a year I came in London for see my sister the last time I tried this amazing place, everything is vegan and so delicious, I really suggest this place, is a must try in London.

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 222 Veggie Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.