13th Ave Coffee House

• Veg-friendly
Contact 306-522-3111

136 13th Ave, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, S4T 1P2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small coffee house in the Cathedral area. Menu includes rice bowls and a vegan caesar salad. There are sandwiches, veggie burger, salads, and daily soup; has usually vegan cookies. Limited seating. Order at window and food is brought to your table.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by goukanomegami

Nice haven for vegans - Edit

Had a delicious vegan cookie and power bar on this visit, with tea and coffee. The menu on the wall promised many savoury vegan delights. Non-vegan items were clearly marked. Limited/cramped seating prevented 5-star rating.

Order the Vegan Power Bars! - Edit

The vegan (and gluten free) power bar they make is worth the trip! So yummy, filling and with a little chocolate to sweeten it it's absolutely delightful. Almond and soy milk is available for coffee drinks, they serve "breakfast bowls" and their lunch items are so yummy as well. Love the place!

Pros: Lots of choice for vegans, Gluten free options , Hearty menu items

Great Atmosphere - Great Food - Edit

I took my in-laws here on a recent visit to Regina and they loved it! They are not even vegetarian. Vegetarian and Vegan options are clearly labeled. Located in the Cathedral area it is cozy inside and has a patio with outdoor seating as well. I will be back!

Pros: Outdoor Seating, Vegan Options Clearly Labeled, Excellent Food

Cons: Not Wheelchair Accessible

All I can say is WOW! - Edit

I really enjoyed my meal at 13th Ave Coffee House. I had their vegan Caesar salad, which had the garlicky creaminess I was looking for, as well as awesome croutons. I also had their Cathedral burger and it was full of flavour. Their tea selection is fantastic as well. If you are looking for food that is completely satisfying (fair portion size) but not heavy/greasy, then this is the place for you. The food came out fairly quickly and the presentation was great. They also have several gluten free options.

Pros: Taste, Selection, Colourful ingredients

delicious, amazing, can't get enough - Edit

Fresh vegan here, only converted 2 months ago and am loving all the incredible cruelty free, vegetarian and vegan options out there. I can never order just one thing off the menu because I want to try it all!!

Pros: variety, taste, cozy

Cons: small seating area, don't come when it is packed

So-so food and service - Edit

I had not been to this place in a couple of years at least as the previous management seemed to be quite hostile to their customers, especially vegan ones. Now with a whole new staff, apparently, I found the service to still be on the indifferent side. It's a small place, how hard can it be to have a smile for your customers? The menu is identical to the old one. Lots of rice bowls, their signature veggie burger, and some meat dishes. I wish that they labeled their vegan offerings clearly on the menu, but they don't, so you have to ask. At least they don't put dairy whipped cream on the cake labelled vegan, like the old staff used, and then get mad at you for not stating that you didn't specify no dairy (hello, it's a vegan cake!). Anyhow, my rice bowl was decent if unspectacular. For the $12 price I expected more. Maybe I'm spoiled by having eaten in lots of vegan spots around the US and Canada so my standards are on the high side.

Anyhow, in a pinch it's worth going here, but with other options I likely won't be back for a long time.

Pros: Fresh food

Cons: Indifferent staff, Pricey , Small space

Yay! - Edit

I've eaten here numerous times. They probably have the best selection of vegan food in Regina. Service is always friendly and quick, even when it's busy. They once forgot about one of my orders, but they gave me a free cookie and made up my meal quickly. All was well. The only negative thing is it can get a bit crowded. Not that I'm surprised! The food is great.

Pros: lots of vegan selection, friendly, yummy

Cons: crowded

A Favourite Hangout - Edit

I've eaten here many, many times, and never had a bad meal. The current staff are all very knowlegeable about what constitutes vegan food, and are always willing to double-check ingredients in foods for me, such as the buns the burgers are served on. I have never had rude service here. Their Mexicana burger (minus the cheese for me!)makes an amazing comfort-food meal. While the rice bowls are a little more expensive, they usually become two meals for me! Just be aware that it may not be a good idea to try to cram a trip here into your lunch hour- they are packed to the gills around noon and five, and the wait times for food will increase.

Pros: Large portions, Staff knowlegeable about Vegan foods, Wide variety of flavourful choices

Cons: Limited seating in winter, Long wait during peak meal times

One of my favorite places in the city! - Edit

I really love it here! I love that you can pair a rice bowl and vegan caesar for $13. My favorite is the Jerusalem Bowl. Parking can be difficult, but all downtown areas are like that. Very delicious!

Pros: delicious, healthy, different

Cons: parking, closed sun and mon :(

Return to Regina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 13th Ave Coffee House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1517 times since Nov 2010.