CLOSED: 118 Degrees

714-754-0718

2981 Bristol St Ste B5 (at The Camp, Orange County), Costa Mesa, California, USA, 92626

Raw food restaurant. Offering live food cuisine such as coconut cerviche, lemon pesto pasta, living lasagna, enchiladas, organic coffee and tea, superfood smoothies, and more. Reported closed to HappyCow Oct 2015. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm. Sunday brunch 10-3.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by stacykaplan

Pretty Good - Edit

Staff was friendly and the place is nicely decorated and clean. I would come here again but it is pretty expensive

No Way - Edit

Overpriced, small portions, dirty, bad service.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 05, 2015

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Overpriced, Dirty, Bad Service

This place makes me want to go raw vegan - Edit

Was in Costa Mesa for a week's vacation, and among the many incredible vegan restaurant options this was the place we ate at twice. Had the Fried Avocado Tacos, the nachos (can't remember exact name of dish,) a Kale Salad that I plan to teach myself to make so I can eat it every day of my life from now on, and a Green Smoothie. Also sampled the Mole Enchiladas, mmm, and their raw Dulce de Leche dessert. I'm not a huge raw food enthusiast...well, I WASN'T before eating here...but I thought this place was completely delicious. I loved how I felt after eating here both times, put my mind and body in such a good mood. Our server Tommy was happy to suggest things, hang out and talk and answer questions, and made it a friendly experience as well.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 09, 2015

Pros: Delicious raw vegan food, Fast service, Friendly staff

Cons: Hard to find parking

Worst raw restaurant possibly ever. - Edit

Everything I've eaten here has been less then sub-par. And when I see 5 of the same ingredients on every menu item, it makes me think they can't possibly be sourcing everything locally/seasonally. This was proven to be the case after eating there during different seasons and encountering the same menu. I've also notice that the same 3 sauces compile the menu: a green one, a red one, a white one- suspicious, and not worth the price. I've also noticed their "almond milk" taste nothing like any other almond milk I've ever made or tasted, very watered down.

Pros: looks cool, owner's hot

Cons: same ingredients, less than tasty, non inventive

Love it! - Edit

I recently dined at 118 Degrees for the first time. I'm vegan, not raw vegan, so I wasn't sure what to expect from a 5-course meal. My expectations were exceeded. I loved everything put in front of me. Chef Jenny is so sweet and likeable, not to mention an A-MAZ-ING raw chef! Can't wait to go again. :)

Pros: service, delicious , menu

An Excellent Choice - Edit

I've been twice now & have to say I like this place! The staff are friendly & helpful with the menu...they even let me try a spoonful/taste of one dish before ordering to make sure I liked it (little things like that make me a loyal customer :-). The food is tasty & fresh & not pricey for the quality...

Pros: great customer service

Cons: parking

disappointed - Edit

I was really looking forward to eating here based on all I heard. The restaurant ambiance is great and the food was fresh and presentation was great but they lacked flavor and spice. The dishes were bland and uneventful. Had the ceviche and enchiladas and a cheesecake and they all lacked some zing

Pros: location

Cons: flavor

A feast for your senses - Edit

I have eaten hear many times. The food is fantastic and delicious and delivered by warm and friendly people. They love to talk about the food and preparation. You can even get cook books written by the owner at the restaurant. It is a dining experience of taste, color, and texture that is reasonably priced. Nice place to take a date and have an adventure. Best Raw food restaurant I've ever eaten at.

Pros: Fantastic Food, Affordable, excellent Service

Cons: None, None, None

Not For Me - Edit

I was excited to go to this place after I saw that it was voted the number one date spot for vegans in orange county. When I went I was pleased with the ambiance and service until I opened up my menu. Their food was surprisingly expensive ranging from 12 and up for most dishes. I bit the bullet and ordered any way for I was starving and rationalized that the food must be really good for them to still be in business. Unfortunately the food was horrible and the portions where so small that even after finishing every morsel on my plate I had to swing by a fast food place on the way home for I was still starving.

Pros: Ambiance, Service, Location

Cons: Bad food, Expensive, Very small portions

Delicious! - Edit

I had the fajitas, quite delicious! Very nice atmosphere, upscale little place. A little pricey, but good food and very clean.

Pros: Great Food, Nice decor, Free parking

Cons: Pricey

Rawsome - Edit

The kitchen was closing when we arrived, so I felt rushed to order. I ordered the Dos Tacos. It was good, but expensive. The food presentation was pretty and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

Pros: all vegan, nice atmosphere

Cons: expensive

Good place to try Raw food cuisine - Edit

I've purchase food prepared by this raw restaurant many times at my local health food stores (like Santa Monica Co-op and Whole Foods in Los Angeles area), and I've eaten at the restaurant one time. The food presentation (at the restaurant as well as the packaged items at stores) is very beautiful.

118 Degrees is located in the same plaza as Native Foods restaurant, called The Camp, a trendy hangout and a magnet for young people with disposable income.

While the space is small, the interior is nicely decorated, sophisticated and colorful. It's sit-down with table service.

The menu featured a creative range of offerings, and the prices are reasonable for organic raw food that is labor-intensive to make. A few of the main dishes are a bit pricey.

Definitely a good place to try raw food when in the area.

Great raw food - Edit

Visited 118 Degrees a few years back while visiting CA. So far this is the best raw restaurant I have visited. Great food, nice environment.

Pros: Excellent foof, Healthy cuisine, raw

One of the best restaurants I've ever been to! - Edit

I went here with a huge party. I was the only vegetarian, so my family was a little skeptical. We started off with multiple appetizers, which were gone before we knew it. By the time we finished with the main course, everyone knew that they had underestimated this place. My uncle (who has a gluten-intolerance) was thrilled with the choices of food he could have. My granddad said, "My meals without meat have been few and far between, but this was excellent."

Pros: AMAZING FOOD!, friendly to everyone

Cons: pricey, okay desserts

Contributions +35

nothing cooked above 118 degrees - Edit

food was o.k. Flaxseed chips an the Mezza plate was dense, heavy kinda blahh, tasted more like a blan beef jerk than a crisp flaxseed cracker. but the lemon dill tahini sauce that was served with it was delicious. I had the Echilada mole It was great. Usually dishes i get with that cashew cheese seem very highly caloric and the added calories is just not worth it in terms of taste, basically in my experience, cashew cheese usually is nasty, but here it was pretty good, very light and tasty. If you come in here you must try the two bite desert sampler, it came with macaroon cookie- freakin gooddd, think a chocolate truffle, and apple crumb pie slice- just trust me. try it- you deserve it

Pros: friendly staff, sauces

Cons: food on menu maybee hit and miss

Raw food never tasted so good! - Edit

I have a nut allergy so raw food can be a tricky situation for me. The 118 degrees staff was more than accommodating with my nut allergy making me four amazing dishes in my two visits. My first visit was for lunch and my girlfriend and I got the Lunch special which was only $10 for three courses. I have yet to come across a better way to spend $10, it was all completely delicious! Our next visit was for dinner which also included my aunt from Northern California who works in a raw restaurant. While dinner was a little more pricey, we were all entirely impressed with the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff!

Pros: Amazing Deal for Lunch Special!, Friendly Staff, Amazing Food!

Deliciously Raw - Edit

118 Degrees was one of the Vegan restaurants I had the fortune of try during my nine day stay in southern California. I even got to dine there twice! On my first visit, the restaurant was offering a $10 lunch special which included a salad, entrée and bite sized dessert (which is an excellent deal for organic raw food). Everything was delicious, although I thought the salad was a little heavy with all the oil and nuts. During my second stop at 118, I ordered the cucumber salad and a green juice. Unfortunately, they forgot the sprouted quinoa in the salad, but the server generously replaced it with the correct ingredients. He even offered a free bite sized chocolate ganache at the end of the meal! I highly recommend 118 to anyone in the area who wants fresh, healthy vegan food.

Pros: kind staff, tasty food, healthy gourmet cuisine

Cons: expensive

Return to Costa Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: 118 Degrees closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.